Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a decent cover for my 02 Summit, 144" track, for quite a while now. I can't seem to find anything that I like and appears to have good quality. Another problem I have is that my sled has a 6 inch riser on it, ruling out many covers.. I would also prefer the cover goes over the skis as well (I don't have a salt shield on my trailer). Any suggestions would help a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
535 Posts
WallyWorld has an extra large cover & not bad for price $78 ... it more than covers my extended MXZX 144 - downfall is it has 4 straps that are loose & you may have to sew them together once you figure out best fit and "wrap" style (I did and now only un-clasp them when I need!) Def not Doo quality of materials etc but really covers whole sled.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been looking for a decent cover for my 02 Summit, 144" track, for quite a while now. I can't seem to find anything that I like and appears to have good quality. Another problem I have is that my sled has a 6 inch riser on it, ruling out many covers.. I would also prefer the cover goes over the skis as well (I don't have a salt shield on my trailer). Any suggestions would help a lot. Thanks.
kinda off topic but i have a 01 mxz 700 looking to RAISE my ski? i didnt know if that was possible? if so can you direct me to do so.. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
kinda off topic but i have a 01 mxz 700 looking to RAISE my ski? i didnt know if that was possible? if so can you direct me to do so.. thanks in advance!
I think he's referring to raising his handlebars. Handlebar clearances can sometimes pose issues with sled covers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think he's referring to raising his handlebars. Handlebar clearances can sometimes pose issues with sled covers.
Yes I was referring to my handle bars. I have no idea if you can raise a sled or what exactly you're talking about. I am new to the sport.. don't know much.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Is this the cover you have? Its the only one on the site currently, they must have raised the price a bit. If this is the cover you have, which of the three sizes did you select- 1 or 2 person sled, considering the longer track? Thanks

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Accessories-SledGear-EXTREME-Full-Fit-Snowmobile-Cover-In-Black-and-Grey/15436744
I went with the two up just to be sure & I have extra room to spare! Just to be clear, my 2002 MXZX sled is extended full 144 and raised skid 1 1/2", has gas rack on rear c/w can & 8" riser on handle bars. If you want I can try and get p/n next time I go to cabin; the cover had safety reflectors on rear as well as sides & those work real well trail side & in parking lots making it visible & not just a snow dune to jump!?!
Good Luck
Tony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know the parts unlimited cover does have a streth part on the handbars for if someone did put them on.
Yea, I went ahead and ordered the parts unlimited one for that reason. Plus, amazon had a good price on it - $20 less than DennisKirk.com which was out of stock anyways. Thanks to all who recommended covers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Parts Unlimited cover ended up being too small for my sled (2002 Summit 144" with a 8" riser) - didn't really fit at all, almost ripped it trying to get it on. Luckily I was able to sell it to my friend at close to cost. Guess I'll give the other one a whirl!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts