Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
(my question)no one knows anything about the 98 mach z's? and ebsides i see many topics with hardly any replies!! cmon skidooers lets have some more support with our group! i help out the best i can! you guys should do th e same

·
Registered
642 Posts
hey! post your qyuestion again. not all of us are knowledgable triple fans and maybe the guy(s) that could answer your question is or was busy (work, play, dead). try again and good luck

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
On weekends a lot of people are riding. Wait until Monday and things will pick up.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My friend had one and it fouled out the center plug consistently,turned out to be the magneto.What was your question?something about sucking beans

·
Registered
13 Posts
squish band said:
My friend had one and it fouled out the center plug consistently,turned out to be the magneto.What was your question?something about sucking beans
[snapback]270610[/snapback]​
Thats because the 98 mach that I had sucked beans. All I did was have problems. If I wasnt fouling plugs I was replacing voltage regulators or clutch was slipping. One of the happiest days in my ski-doo life was when I sold it and bought my 02 mxz 800 until I only got 8 miles to the gallon with it.

Oh well, there is a new batch of beans ready to be sucked so cya.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thats because the 98 mach that I had sucked beans. All I did was have problems. If I wasnt fouling plugs I was replacing voltage regulators or clutch was slipping. One of the happiest days in my ski-doo life was when I sold it and bought my 02 mxz 800 until I only got 8 miles to the gallon with it.

Oh well, there is a new batch of beans ready to be sucked so cya.

Sounds like "lackofsnowitis"... could be wrong. i couldn't be happier with my 98 f3 700... well maybe if it was wider. guess i'll join him. 98 dsa suspensions "suck beans"

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
Probably most of the reason that people are not responding is that the same topics have been covered in depth before.

There's a "SEARCH" function that you can use to find the previous posts. I would attempt doing that before posting a new topic to see if it's already been covered.

It is also wintertime and there's a lot of people riding, so that may be why you haven't seen any responses.

·
Registered
70 Posts
can't say any thing but thank's to these guy's because i have a 98 z and its got a lot problems these guy's have helped me out a lot.so what is the problem with the mach.wiring harness,stator,cdi,reg,reverce,smoked piston what's the problem because i am sure i have same thing.been there done that what is next glad to help!!after all they helped me

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
Attitude is everything, with yours I wouldn't give you anything! There are very smart folks here with tons of knowledge, insulting them isn't the way to get help!

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
My personal feelings are the best place for a 98 ck3 is someone elses garage, Ive worked on a pile of them and a good share of them are nothing but trouble, but there are exceptions and they run real good. My buddys got a 98 mach Z with 280 miles on it, the sled is perfect, its got a new stator, new module, all wiring harness updates, the jet and clutch spring updates and he cant ride it without a problem every time, and he cant sell it cause everyone knows its a POS. When they run right the 98's do run good but theres too many lemons out there from that year to be taking a risk buying one thats for sure. Probably no on wants to help cause they've either forgotten about it and moved on or were never able to get their own mach straightend out so they gave up and sold it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
And lately when you try to post something to help someone, ten critics show up to tell you are wrong or they know this one guy and his friend used to work on those, etc. So probably some guys do not want to waste their time to help when it leads to relentless criticism and they recieve no thanks for it.

People need to work on their people skills and it is not a dootalk specific problem, it is a world wide problem.

Unfortunately after all the bashing that goes on, guys do not want to help anymore, can you blame them? And there are many knowledgeable indviduals on Dootalk, but when you start by saying you guys suck?? Don't hold your breath for a response.

A good book to help with this, "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts