Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Person age 22 drown last night at mike's lake shore Trying to water skip. Rescue team Including me my dads on the Firedepartment finally found him 1 hour 43 mins after the call its all ends in another snowmobile accident. Also, not sure if Alchol was a facter but he was drinking. Also didnt know how to swim.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Didn't know how to swim and just drank a little, and thought it would be a good idea to go drive across water?

G

·
Skipping water and not knowing how to swim...
Doesn't take much to figure the ending to that story
I hate to hear of stuff like this happening.... People please don't leave your common sense at home when riding.... it might not only be your life your saving... IT COULD BE ANY OF US ON HERE!!!!!!!!!

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
Like I've said before.....

STUPID HURTS!!!!

not trying to be insensitive, just making a point. When riding, keep common sense in mind, and if something doesn't seem like a good idea, or if you get that "funny feeling" in the pit of your stomach, Don't Do It!!!

Jerry

G

·
CustomRev said:
Like I've said before.....

STUPID HURTS!!!!

not trying to be insensitive, just making a point. When riding, keep common sense in mind, and if something doesn't seem like a good idea, or if you get that "funny feeling" in the pit of your stomach, Don't Do It!!!

Jerry
[snapback]707279[/snapback]​
TOTALLY AGREE, you know if your about to do something your not able to do w/o getting hurt!... <the majority of the time>
That being said my heart goes out to the family who suffered this LOSS !

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Darwin candidate if you ask me.....

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
There is a differance between open water and ice breaking. In open water you have nothing to hold on to, when the chills set in. They say that if you break threw the ice to not try to get out just grab the ice and get your elbows up on it, so it can hold you up while you are having the shivers it only last for about a minute. Then break the ice by pushing down on it until it wont break any more. Then take a minute and build up some strength and all at once kick your legs so you are horizontal then use your arms while you are kicking to get your self up on the ice. Then staying flat roll your body until you are far enough away from the break then crawl then get up and off of the ice do not remove clothing until you are where you can get warm. Some where on here there is a video link about it it's worth while watching. If you are in open water your chances of making it are greatly reduced. Sorry to here that but it happens every year.

·
Registered
358 Posts
^^^^^thats good information right there......i watched a special on discovery or some channel about what to do when u fall thru....

be careful and my condolences to the family...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.