Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
i want to but a 440 next year but i want to no the wat year is the best im thinkin on a 2003, 2004 or 2005 for trail riding but i woulnt no cuz i dont have one so for the people that have them wat ones r the best ... thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
what are you looking at doing race or trail ride?

·
Registered
901 Posts
In 2004 i believe ski-doo changed a bunch of stuff on the 440's but in 2005 they changed it back because it wasn't working very well or something i'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,304 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
In 2004 i believe ski-doo changed a bunch of stuff on the 440's but in 2005 they changed it back because it wasn't working very well or something i'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that
[snapback]723537[/snapback]​
hmm so why did you even post if you aren't sure??

The 04 had the SC3 rear skid and the 05 had the SC4 skid which most people liked better. 05 had the slipper bottom gear, 04 didn't. With the LC heads for trail riding the motors are about the same. Clutching was different but can be changed for trail riding. I'd buy the newest sled you can afford.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive got an 04, love it....only use it for trail riding. Set up with skidoo's trail recommendations and have not touch it since [2000 miles]. If and when I let somebody take it for a rip......they say "That's it my sled is for sale" any year rev 440 will make you smile!!!!

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
04's had chain case problems where they would crack and drivers would slip. Problems were corrected in 05. You can find an 04's that have had these problems fixed. Go with any one, I think they all rock. PLus at the end of the season they will be dirt cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts