Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone ever use Yamalube in a MXZ 500 Fan? I bought a used Yamaha Venture that came with loads of Yamalube that would take me 2 or 3 seasons to use up at the rate we ride. Seems the consensus is any TCW3 2-stroke oil is ok in most any sled unless it specifically require synthetics. Does another oil other than Bombardier require adjusting the mix/flow? i.e. is one "thicker" than the other? How do I adjust the oil lean/rich mix - via a screw?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
upoutdoorzman said:
Hi. Anyone ever use Yamalube in a MXZ 500 Fan? I bought a used Yamaha Venture that came with loads of Yamalube that would take me 2 or 3 seasons to use up at the rate we ride. Seems the consensus is any TCW3 2-stroke oil is ok in most any sled unless it specifically require synthetics. Does another oil other than Bombardier require adjusting the mix/flow? i.e. is one "thicker" than the other? How do I adjust the oil lean/rich mix - via a screw?
Thanks in advance!
[snapback]297316[/snapback]​
Isn't it really just Citgo "Sea and Snow"? Should be OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the oil that is in the machine mixes with the oil you want to use then OK. Take an equal part of each oil and mix them together, if it seperates and does not mix together then do not use it.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
It will be fine, just dont make a habbit of mixing brands. Let your current oil get low, DON'T let it go dry! Then add the yamalube, it's good oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts