Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a Yamaha dealer a few days ago and he was told by a Yamaha rep that the new Sidewinder could very well cure cancer. Anybody else hear this? I thought to myself what an amazing sled it must be to have enough HP to cure cancer. I wonder what other side effects this amazing sled will have on those who buy them?

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Dont be bitter......lol

Reactions: A7M266D

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Haha now thats funny stuff! I just figured Doo and Poo were gonna throw in the towel on snowmobiling all together cuz they got nothing to offer for the huge hyper sled market!

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
It's not going to cure cancer but it may give someone the will to live another year so they can ride the darn thing. Just imagine having one of those in your garage all summer.. Waitng...... Wondering..... At it's price point I do think you could now officially buy a new car for less money. Actually I just googled it and there are SEVEN new cars you can buy for less than 15k. What are we doing people!!! Spending more cash on a sled than on a new car? Insane yet somehow we justify it.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
That's nothing. Motorcycles have been way over 15k for years. What's a new screaming eagle ultra Harley cost? $30k?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's not going to cure cancer but it may give someone the will to live another year so they can ride the darn thing. Just imagine having one of those in your garage all summer.. Waitng...... Wondering..... At it's price point I do think you could now officially buy a new car for less money. Actually I just googled it and there are SEVEN new cars you can buy for less than 15k. What are we doing people!!! Spending more cash on a sled than on a new car? Insane yet somehow we justify it.
Yup! I bought a new corolla and kept it for 5 years for under 15 grand. Put 120,000 miles on it. Only changed to oil 4 times, tires once, and breaks once. Thats it. Sold it for 9500 bucks. Do that with a sled !

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
The last new motorcycle I bought was a 92' Suzuki GSX-1100F Katana.. It cost $5,000 plus tax.. The year before I bought a new Honda CRX-HF car that stickered at $9150. I added air conditioning but that was all. Still less than 10k. Fast forward to 2008 and I bought a new half ton Chevy pick up, loaded for 40k.. Then my wife joined the party and bought a $52,000 BMTroubleyou 535kxi.. I haven't been right since. Our 600 e-tecs new in 09' were each less than 10k which I thought was crazy money at the time. I got a good deal (I thought) on the current sleds at $11,200 when I believe they stickered for $12,400 but I did buy two and dealers love it when you buy two. Now I'd be lucky to get 4k each for them. I can't play the game anymore as much as I'd love a sidewinder or 850 Gen4, enough is enough.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Truck prices are getting out of control. We were just at the auto show last night. Fully loaded F-350 Ford retails for well over 70k.

Little Chevy Colorado, fully loaded new diesel, was like 45k!

But good cars are still out there for relatively good prices. Just bought the 2016 base model civic sedan, for 18,900, 2.0 engine, CVT transmission, and have been averaging 38-41 MPG. Who needs an expensive hybrid!!?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
The last new motorcycle I bought was a 92' Suzuki GSX-1100F Katana.. It cost $5,000 plus tax.. The year before I bought a new Honda CRX-HF car that stickered at $9150. I added air conditioning but that was all. Still less than 10k. Fast forward to 2008 and I bought a new half ton Chevy pick up, loaded for 40k.. Then my wife joined the party and bought a $52,000 BMTroubleyou 535kxi.. I haven't been right since. Our 600 e-tecs new in 09' were each less than 10k which I thought was crazy money at the time. I got a good deal (I thought) on the current sleds at $11,200 when I believe they stickered for $12,400 but I did buy two and dealers love it when you buy two. Now I'd be lucky to get 4k each for them. I can't play the game anymore as much as I'd love a sidewinder or 850 Gen4, enough is enough.
Is that what happened lol

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I was at my dealer two weeks ago and saw the prices on those Spyders. OMG!!! The fancy ones with all the crap on them were 31 thousand dollars!! The cheap ones were around 20 grand that's when I thought our sleds are cheap. Who am I kidding? My wifes Cadillac was over 50 grand. Now lets get back on topic! Who else has heard the new Yamaha can cure cancer?

·
Registered
216 Posts
New cars are ridiculous and, to be honest, I like the old ones better. Most of the new cars with their oversized aluminum wheels ride rough.

We sold my wife's 2014 Outback last summer and picked up a 2003 Buick Park Avenue from California. Compared to the Outback the Park Ave is much nicer to drive. Quiet and smooth and about the same on gas. 13 year old car from California in amazing condition. Put money back in the bank. No regrets.

Looking at a 99 Suburban now, also from California, with no rust that I can pick up for a fraction of the cost of a new one. I have a 97 now that I bought new. Undercarriage, brake lines and fuel lines are getting rusty. The aluminum wheels are corroded and leak air. The 99 would give me the automatic 4 wheel drive setting that my 97 doesn't have and move me back about 50,000 miles for not a whole lot more than I could sell my 97 for here. I also like that the spare tire is still inside the vehicle in the 99. Never liked hanging the spare under the vehicle like they did starting in 2000.

The only thing that might get me into a newer vehicle is if the car market melts down from all the subprime loans the car makers are using to sell cars. There will be some bargains to be had the next time the economy goes south and people walk away from their 6 and 7 year car loans owing more than what they are worth.

For now I am just glad that there are people out there willing to spend big money on cars and sleds so that I can buy used a few years later for affordable to me prices.

·
Registered
920 Posts
least a new Harley or truck, car...whatever ...you can drive it or ride. Mother natures been such a W%@e lately.....no way in hell could I justify jumping in debt for that kinda money for the lousy miles we rack here.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Clicked on this thread expecting a new claim from Yamaha. They have been making this same claim for years. Its not new.

Reactions: ditchcrusher

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
End goal is that companies want people to lease. They make more money by leasing than selling outright....

·
Registered
154 Posts
By the time someone buys a sidewinder, puts accessories on it, pays the dealership fees, and in NY , pays the government, you are north of $20k. But most will still pipe, program, and put even more $ into them to be faster than their buddies. These could easily approach $25k. This is the sled for the market, and if it cures cancer even better. I'll never own one, but I'd ride the heck out of one if someone lets me. I think if were honest with ourselves we have a lot more money into our sleds than we like to admit.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Tic

I will give you $4k for your 2013 sled, that would be a steal here in New Brunswick for a 2009 1200
It's a 2013... I'm just guessing at it's trade in value locally but with how low the prices are on the leftover 16's and the lousy winter and the high miles on my sled I'd bet I'm not too far off. No sidewinder for me but like most, I'd love to ride one, even if it's just on a flat lake.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts