Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lurking on the totaly yamahaha site as a friend of mine ownes one (APEX he is not happy with it) low and behold there Dan - Machzed with his brand new Yamahaha. He must have jumped ship after all.

I wonder how he is going to feel when all the MachZ's eat his sled for lunch all the time on the lake or when his tunnel twists. Are his hands cold now? How much are the yamahahaha idler wheels worth?

·
Registered
27 Posts
MACHZER said:
I was lurking on the totaly yamahaha site as a friend of mine ownes one (APEX he is not happy with it) low and behold there Dan - Machzed with his brand new Yamahaha. He must have jumped ship after all.

I wonder how he is going to feel when all the MachZ's eat his sled for lunch all the time on the lake or when his tunnel twists. Are his hands cold now? How much are the yamahahaha idler wheels worth?

[snapback]726657[/snapback]​
Good.... glad his whiny a$$ is gone, after reading a couple of his posts I realized I have never seen such a pu$$y in my whole life.
Yamaha makes a nice sled, hope its what he is looking for

·
Registered
63 Posts
At least Dan has the [email protected] to move on. The only way to get BRP to fix these Machs is take market share from them. As long as they are #1 they will continue to produce troubled sleds. You talk about eating a Yamaha for lunch I can,t even get My 06Machzx to sit at the table. It sits at the dealer most of the time. Think if BRP lost alot of market share they would be force to but out a better product.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I think we are seeing teething pains from a cutting edge sled that maybe wasn't quite ready for market. Even though my motor blew I still like the sled-the power, seating position, ride (after changing shocks) and handling. I probably am keeping it another year also-it will have a new top end so why not. I will definitely be cranking up the oil before riding it at all. The sled has its quirks but there is nothing else around here except for a turbo yammie that can run with it-and I don't even see the turbo sled around anymore as it seems to come home on a rope more often than a Mach Z. I really think most of the performance problems on this site are from poor dealer setup and not so good clutch setup imho. Bill

·
Registered
468 Posts
MACHZER said:

hmmm, I really don't think this Apex can beat a MachZ on the lake. Maybe in snow. But that's really not a reason to care about.

Now, as for the problems....
The tunnels...so far only a couple have been reported, and those are the GT's with the electric shocks, not the RTX, like Dan and I have.
Hand warmers are ok, I rode at -15c Saturday across Lake Rosseau (16kms long) at about 80mph, breaking trail all the way in over 2 feet of powder without ever stopping, and my hands weren't that bad...however the tops of my legs were getting cold!
The idler wheels are warranty, free. I used up 2 sets of the stock ones until my dealer got in the plastic RX1 wheels. They are still fine after 1000+kms. Not even needed with all the snow we have!!

I did my first oil change at 800kms, took about 1.5hrs. Everything seems to be holding up fine.

No leaking coolant
No fouled spark plugs
No trips to the dealer for programming
No etc.....

Anyone who complains about the steering on their Apex is a pussy. I think the thing handles fine. My friends see me ride over all the bumps, and say when 'I' stand up they know they are in for a big bump on their sleds!!

I think you all should take a trip over to TY, and look at the forum for Apex's, and note that it is NOT full of complaints about lack of performance, etc, like around here.
I am not in any way implying the Yammy is perfect, but for the most part has mostly satisfied customers.

The 05/06 MachZ should have it's very own forum for complaints and issues. Or maybe all the other Mach's need a new forum, because that is just what this place has become, full of unsatisfied SkiDoo '05/06' MachZ owners.

just my 02c worth.

Jonathon

·
Registered
426 Posts
And to think this is a first year for the Apex.
After a season on the snow they will have the bugs ironed out.
Idler wheels, cold hands still cheaper than some of the other brands problems.

Yes I went to Yammy as well, but I still come here to learn more about the Rev as my g/f still has her 03.
I dont tell her to get rid of it, its her choice,its her sled.
It would be a very boring world if everyone liked all the same things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
87gtNOS said:
MACHZER said:

hmmm, I really don't think this Apex can beat a MachZ on the lake. Maybe in snow. But that's really not a reason to care about.

The tunnels...so far only a couple have been reported, and those are the GT's with the electric shocks, not the RTX, like Dan and I have.
Hand warmers are ok, I rode at -15c Saturday across Lake Rosseau (16kms long) at about 80mph, breaking trail all the way in over 2 feet of powder without ever stopping, and my hands weren't that bad...however the tops of my legs were getting cold!
The idler wheels are warranty, free. I used up 2 sets of the stock ones until my dealer got in the plastic RX1 wheels. They are still fine after 1000+kms. Not even needed with all the snow we have!!

I did my first oil change at 800kms, took about 1.5hrs. Everything seems to be holding up fine.

No leaking coolant
No fouled spark plugs
No etc.....

Anyone who complains about the steering on their Apex is a pussy. I think the thing handles fine. My friends see me ride over all the bumps, and say when 'I' stand up they know they are in for a big bump on their sleds!!

I think you all should take a trip over to TY, and look at the forum for Apex's, and note that it is NOT full of complaints about lack of performance, etc, like around here.
I am not in any way implying the Yammy is perfect, but for the most part has mostly satisfied customers.

The 05/06 MachZ should have it's very own forum for complaints and issues. Or maybe all the other Mach's need a new forum, because that is just what this place has become, full of unsatisfied SkiDoo '05/06' MachZ owners.

just my 02c worth.

Jonathon
[snapback]727373[/snapback]​
I hear ya..I own a skidoo but after reading the posts in here I would never buy a machz yet..maybe down the road when they work out all the bugs. I ride with a guy with a new mach and he hates it, its alwasy at the dealer and he has more miles on my spare sled then he does on his own...Its to bad!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yah I know there's so many problems!!!
And I am so unhappy with my sled!!!!

Get a grip!!!!!

My sled has been to the dealer twice,Once to put the 06 mapping in and again to put the 05 back in,thats it.

Oh sure the Apex is a nice sled,BUT if I wanted to drive something that was lackluster in performace "NO TOP END" then maybe I would buy one.

For now I stick to my 127mph,18 mpg,handles better then the apex "in my opinion,as I have driven both", POS mach-Z.

For everyone else."Mach owners"

Do you ever notice how it's always the yamaha guys over hear trying to justify the fact that they just bought a slug and In the long run they know they wish they where still on the FASTEST BOX STOCK PRODUTION SLED ON THE PLANET.

Hay if you guys are happy then I'm happy for you!
Just quit coming over here and preaching how good it is,because it not!

·
Registered
522 Posts
adrenalator8 said:

Get a grip!!!!!

My sled has been to the dealer twice,Once to put the 06 mapping in and again to put the 05 back in,thats it.

Oh sure the Apex is a nice sled,BUT if I wanted to drive something that was lackluster in performace "NO TOP END" then maybe I would buy one.

For now I stick to my 127mph,18 mpg,handles better then the apex "in my opinion,as I have driven both", POS mach-Z.

Do you ever notice how it's always the yamaha guys over hear trying to justify the fact that they just bought a slug and In the long run they know they wish they where still on the FASTEST BOX STOCK PRODUTION SLED ON THE PLANET.

[snapback]727451[/snapback]​
I hear ya
I think there is going to be more Yammie guys over on this site shortly

·
Registered
426 Posts
Guys Im not here to bitch about BRP,or to brag about Yamaha.
If everyone is happy with thier sled then so be it.

Face it they all have good and bad points.
There is no such thing as the perfect sled, or most dependable.
If they were they wouldnt be selling any new sleds then, everybody would be happy or content with what they have and all the big 4 would be out of buisness.
I was told once new vehicles need to be built to go to the end of the warrantee, if they didnt they need to improve the product.
If they outlived the warrantee by too long they were told to cut back so they dont last too long and dealerships sell more or get more $$$ in for service.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i was in northern ontario this weekend and we had all four sleds

-35 c morning

apex would not start
fusion no start
f7 two pulls started
renegade started with electric start first push

who thought an apex would not start, i did not expect that

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yea I have heard of some stuff like pump not turning on in real cold weather.
I hope they take care of this fast, that would suck for sure.
I dont care what sled it is, season is too short to be watching from the window.

·
Registered
388 Posts
adrenalator8 said:

Get a grip!!!!!

[snapback]727451[/snapback]​
you are one ignorant fool!!! no top end, where have you been? i want a dependable sled, and one that will do 115 bone stock is fast by my standards. boy i wish i had my POS mach back. please take me back BRP.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hey cliff, have you seen the turbo Apex down Kingston way yet. Sounds like it is starting to come around. Getting 138 on the gun but then bounces off rev limiter. Has to go taller gearing yet and give reverse. Speedo reading 150.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I own an RTX but come here to read about Doo since i have owned them in the past. The apex is a fantastic sled guys. bone stock mine will get 110 mph. Will it top end a mach, probably not, but i don't spend time at the dealer and i ride mostly trails where the apex shines. I am in no way bashing the mach, but i have read about alot of problems with the mach and have seen it first hand. BRP needs to step up for you guys and get these problems fixed. You should not be accepting this stuff. I know there is little you can do other then switch brands, but with all mfg's finally putting out some good products, they may have to learn the hard way. I feel for some of you. Winter is too darn short.

I have rode the new mach 06 and the 05 as friends have them. It's a nice sled, love the looks and the speed but the problems are arising. So i rode the mach and i don't chose to bash it, why bash the apex if you have never rode one. Give it a try and then comment.

·
Registered
823 Posts
87gtNOS said:
MACHZER said:

No leaking coolant
No fouled spark plugs
No etc.....

just my 02c worth.

Jonathon
"I think you all should take a trip over to TY, and look at the forum for Apex's, and note that it is NOT full of complaints about lack of performance, etc, like around here.
I am not in any way implying the Yammy is perfect, but for the most part has mostly satisfied customers"

Well when you don't expect much its hard to complain

I for one LOVE my MACH ZX....0 problems and 2400mi and I had a 05 with 2300mi and had no problems with that either..... I think some are nit picking or there dealers don't know what the hell they are doing mybe!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
87gtNOS said:
MACHZER said:

No leaking coolant
No fouled spark plugs
No etc.....

just my 02c worth.

Jonathon
I have no complaint at all I have 2100 miles on my sled never been to the dealer except for updates. There are only a select few that are complaining on this site the majority is not. Most of the complaining is because everyone expects this sled
to go over 130 stock or a few mods plain simple no manufacturer will sell a sled that will do that to much liability for them. To me I have never drove a sled that was this much of a rush. I would recommend this sled to anyone that is power hungry. Plain simple a four stroke with never have the "edit for bad language" a 2 stroke has!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well for me I just would like to have one good weekend with out have trouble. Is that maybe to much to ask from BRP sled. Do not care if I ony get 110mph out of my Mach. I remember a time when I just hoped that I would get a complete season with out any trouble, now I,m hoping I get a week end.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Jeez guys ..... this is getting so old. I drive a duramax chevy my friend drives a powerstroke ford .... I love my sony tv and my buddy loves his pioneer ..... i love my girlfriend, he hates his ......LOL. But the jest of this is .... buy what you want!!!!!!!!!!!! Do we remember the growing pains ... When it first came out wasnt it donned?????? the one ton?????? And look what it is now ...... A respectable sled. I have not had any issues with mine that were not my own fault. All updates were handled quickly and professionally by my local dealer Hebelers in Pendelton, NY.

Yes the mach is young .... are there some issues ... sure. I own an '05 mach that I wouldn't trade for anything but a newer mach. Either would I trade my '01 tech plus trail sled, my '05 800x, '99 improved stock 800 grasser, or my '98 turbocharged 800 mach asphalt dragger that I will put up against ANY turbocharged 1000 rice burning yammie that is still trailable as is mine.

To each their own .... buy, ride, and hopefully enjoy what you want.

Doug

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.