Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one of my observations, i see on this site there has been a lot of talk about what yamaha has been doin lately. i find it kinda interesting. i know everyone has posted what they want out of the doos this year but i really havn't seen many topics on them or spy shots. the only shots i saw was the ones of the 07 summits and i liked the color combos on them. i just thought there would be more talk on this. btw, i really dont like the new yamahoppie, looks very unfinished and different looking, then again, thats what everybody had said about the rev too.

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,186 Posts
People care because when other companies make sucky sleds then people turn to DOO, leaving less for the rest of us
Why do we want Yammi, POO, and Cat riders on the REV? If everyone went to a REV there wouldn't be people to embarrass when they see the snow flap of a DOO. That, and there is the risk that other companies will follow the route of UGLY and make even more cruddy looking sleds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,598 Posts
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
Just one of my observations, i see on this site there has been a lot of talk about what yamaha has been doin lately. i find it kinda interesting. i know everyone has posted what they want out of the doos this year but i really havn't seen many topics on them or spy shots. the only shots i saw was the ones of the 07 summits and i liked the color combos on them. i just thought there would be more talk on this. btw, i really dont like the new yamahoppie, looks very unfinished and different looking, then again, thats what everybody had said about the rev too.

Andrew

[snapback]714649[/snapback]​
www.yamaha-motor.com

That's not what ALL the new yami's look like.


The new black/yellow Apex is the hottest looking sled ever IMO.
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tughillterror said:
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
Just one of my observations, i see on this site there has been a lot of talk about what yamaha has been doin lately. i find it kinda interesting. i know everyone has posted what they want out of the doos this year but i really havn't seen many topics on them or spy shots. the only shots i saw was the ones of the 07 summits and i liked the color combos on them. i just thought there would be more talk on this. btw, i really dont like the new yamahoppie, looks very unfinished and different looking, then again, thats what everybody had said about the rev too.

Andrew

[snapback]714649[/snapback]​
www.yamaha-motor.com

That's not what ALL the new yami's look like.


The new black/yellow Apex is the hottest looking sled ever IMO.
[snapback]714676[/snapback]​
i was just stating my thoughts, not tring to pi$$ off anyone.

and tug, what is up with ur avatar, it is just a big blank box, whats goin on?

ohh tughillterror, heading up on the 20th to ride, r u interested, we will be leaving from the camden area, ridin around tug.

Andrew
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alexd said:
I think most people are just expecting "Bold New Graphics" from Doo.
[snapback]714697[/snapback]​
ya, i noticed the other day looking at my dads bone stock 03 600 ho how the graphics were pretty decent looking. then i was looking at a 06 bone stock 600 sdi and noticed how much i think brp has skimped out on the graphics. i thought they just looked plain and dull. to get decent ones u have to buy a x package. just another one of my observations.

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,598 Posts
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
tughillterror said:
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
Just one of my observations, i see on this site there has been a lot of talk about what yamaha has been doin lately. i find it kinda interesting. i know everyone has posted what they want out of the doos this year but i really havn't seen many topics on them or spy shots. the only shots i saw was the ones of the 07 summits and i liked the color combos on them. i just thought there would be more talk on this. btw, i really dont like the new yamahoppie, looks very unfinished and different looking, then again, thats what everybody had said about the rev too.

Andrew

[snapback]714649[/snapback]​
www.yamaha-motor.com

That's not what ALL the new yami's look like.


The new black/yellow Apex is the hottest looking sled ever IMO.
[snapback]714676[/snapback]​
i was just stating my thoughts, not tring to pi$$ off anyone.

and tug, what is up with ur avatar, it is just a big blank box, whats goin on?

ohh tughillterror, heading up on the 20th to ride, r u interested, we will be leaving from the camden area, ridin around tug.

Andrew

[snapback]714712[/snapback]​
My avatar looks fine to me, but it is being difficult lately.
I'll be riding the 16th-19th, but I gotta head back to school Sunday night or else i'd be down. When's your break in March?
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tughillterror said:
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
tughillterror said:
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
Just one of my observations, i see on this site there has been a lot of talk about what yamaha has been doin lately. i find it kinda interesting. i know everyone has posted what they want out of the doos this year but i really havn't seen many topics on them or spy shots. the only shots i saw was the ones of the 07 summits and i liked the color combos on them. i just thought there would be more talk on this. btw, i really dont like the new yamahoppie, looks very unfinished and different looking, then again, thats what everybody had said about the rev too.

Andrew

[snapback]714649[/snapback]​
www.yamaha-motor.com

That's not what ALL the new yami's look like.


The new black/yellow Apex is the hottest looking sled ever IMO.
[snapback]714676[/snapback]​
i was just stating my thoughts, not tring to pi$$ off anyone.

and tug, what is up with ur avatar, it is just a big blank box, whats goin on?

ohh tughillterror, heading up on the 20th to ride, r u interested, we will be leaving from the camden area, ridin around tug.

Andrew

[snapback]714712[/snapback]​
My avatar looks fine to me, but it is being difficult lately.
I'll be riding the 16th-19th, but I gotta head back to school Sunday night or else i'd be down. When's your break in March?
[snapback]714755[/snapback]​
i'm only 17 and still in high school, jus me and some people from norwich we usually ride with here r comin up and i was jus tryin to get a bigger group together. we r going to ride with pocketace who is on this site. he knows the trails like the back of hand. him and i were talkin yesterday and thought it would b cool to ride with some more fellow dootalkers so i was jus askin. btw, i dont have a break until the 3rd week in april and that week i am off to italy. and ur avatar still isnt workin for me. ??????

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,598 Posts
andybob1001skidoomxz said:
i'm only 17 and still in high school, jus me and some people from norwich we usually ride with here r comin up and i was jus tryin to get a bigger group together. we r going to ride with pocketace who is on this site. he knows the trails like the back of hand. him and i were talkin yesterday and thought it would b cool to ride with some more fellow dootalkers so i was jus askin. btw, i dont have a break until the 3rd week in april and that week i am off to italy. and ur avatar still isnt workin for me. ??????

Andrew

[snapback]714769[/snapback]​
Oh cool, should be fun.

Is it working now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
I suspect yamaha is paying a bunch of script kiddies $1 a post or something to keep coming on these sites and posting how cool yamahas are. There _can't_ be that many people who like yamahas new sleds that much. Outside of dealerships, I think I've seen 3 RX1s on the trails, and zero apex. Maybe the reason they last so long is the people who buy them never ride? I'm sure I'm about to see a million posts about people with 50,000 miles on their RX1s, but they must not ride in the same spots I do... (Or maybe they're going so fast I can't see them?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
The lack of snow, and the fact that Doo is last to show their new models is why. Its all about snowmobiling, so why not see what the competition has to offer. I think the Fazer would be a riot on some big jumps myself, but Im not about to give up my Rev either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Because Yammie will keep biting into market share. The number of riders I've talked to that are thinking of going to Yamaha is staggering. A lot of people are sick of dropping close to ten grand on a sled you have to wrench all the time. I personally think Yamaha took the right route when they went four stroke. It's not only good for public image, but also for sheer reliability and lower operating cost. If the industry comes down to all 4 stroke in the future due to emmisions restrictions, Yamaha will be light years ahead of the competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,598 Posts
REV-88 said:
Because Yammie will keep biting into market share. The number of riders I've talked to that are thinking of going to Yamaha is staggering. A lot of people are sick of dropping close to ten grand on a sled you have to wrench all the time. I personally think Yamaha took the right route when they went four stroke. It's not only good for public image, but also for sheer reliability and lower operating cost. If the industry comes down to all 4 stroke in the future due to emmisions restrictions, Yamaha will be light years ahead of the competition.
[snapback]716285[/snapback]​
Well said, I know quite a few guys who would switch in a heartbeat for the reliability alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
BRP made the 4 stroke switch in the PWC (sea-doo) and they are light years ahead of the competition. I do not understand their letting Yamaha have such a head start. They have proven 4 stokes engines that they can use in their sleds. I know that nothing can ride like the Rev but the problems with the engines are opening up the door to Yamaha. I ride both brands and I think that both companies competing fiercely will only be good for us buyers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
Preacher said:
BRP made the 4 stroke switch in the PWC (sea-doo) and they are light years ahead of the competition. I do not understand their letting Yamaha have such a head start. They have proven 4 stokes engines that they can use in their sleds. I know that nothing can ride like the Rev but the problems with the engines are opening up the door to Yamaha. I ride both brands and I think that both companies competing fiercely will only be good for us buyers
[snapback]716335[/snapback]​
Because weight doesn't matter as much in PWCs, but with current technology (yamahas, or BRPs) four strokes are too heavy for use in sleds. That being said, it would be pretty cool to have a 215 HP supercharged intercooled 4 stroke Mazh Z, even if it did weigh 700 lbs. However, I think BRP knows most people still prefer lighter sleds, and they're going to keep putting 2 strokes in their performance sleds until EPA regs make them stop, or until the regs make a 2 stroke + it's required emission systems weigh as much as a 4 stroke. Hopefully that day never comes, but if it does I don't think BRP has much to worry about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
It will happen sooner than later... I believe 2006 is the last year for 2 strokes for personal watercraft. I give it a couple more years and the same policy will apply to all sleds. We'll see who's winning the weight game then. If the other companies don't have anything up their sleeves, yamaha, will own the market for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,432 Posts
ajsxr said:
It will happen sooner than later... I believe 2006 is the last year for 2 strokes for personal watercraft. I give it a couple more years and the same policy will apply to all sleds. We'll see who's winning the weight game then. If the other companies don't have anything up their sleeves, yamaha, will own the market for sure.
[snapback]717364[/snapback]​
Yamaha and Kawasaki are both still selling 2 stroke PWCs for 2006. I don't think the next set of regulations for snowmobiles comes until 2010, so the current generation of 2 strokes should be around until then, at least. Even if they do stop putting 2 strokes in sleds, I still don't see how 'yamaha will own the market for sure.' For '06 'doo is offering a 215 HP four stroke motor for thier PWCs, but the biggest yamaha PWC motor I can find on their website is 170 HP. I'd say BRP might have something up it's sleeves to slap in a sled if they have to...

I really wish yamaha would have kept an up to date 2 stroke program for their sleds. I think their 2 stroke tripples are great motors, and if it weren't for the fact that they no longer have a up to date performance 2 stroke offering, I might consider going blue myself.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top