Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy what luck, my brother just picked a brand new 2005 RX1 Turbo yesterday and while working in the yard last night twisted his ankle and broke a bone in his foot. So I'm test driving this the Turbo this weekend. Who knows maybe I go back to Yamaha after all.

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
ha ha

Dealers up here are giving that tank away, think they want 3K less than whatever they sold it for last year,.....no thanks, I'm starting to enjoy my 1000 tank.....i said starting to enjoy,....i did not say this horse will be in my barn next winter

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh It was a pretty good deal for a brand new Turbo. He will have to lighten it up a little, It was to good for me to pass up a free weekend on turbo "Yeah sure I'll try it out". If I like it I might make the switch. I sledded with an Appex few weeks ago that handled extremely well in to trees and seemed climb pretty good for a stock sled. But most amazing was the ability to turn on a dime in deep powder in the trees it was hangin sh&%y's just as tight as 800 Summit 144.

·
Registered
521 Posts
yeah, but thats an apex, not an rx 1-ton.

·
Registered
321 Posts
2005 RX1 Turbo 151" 7lbs boost 240 HP This was without a doubt the fastest skidoo I have ever been on. It wasn't as easy to toss around as a Summit but the power made it go anywhere without getting stuck. I can say it may be a better skidoo because all you need to is lighten the weight. The turbo made this rocket with sheer power up any incline it didn't matter how deep the powder was or how little room I had to run at the climb. This is easily a top runner that didn't suffer any power loss at altitude. The Turbo made the difference and is an easy add on that doesn't void the warranty. I give it a thumbs up! The Rev Summit should have 4 stroke turbo and it would be equal adversary to the RX1 Turbo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
How was it for boondocking? If you let off the throttle, and then punch it again, does it take long to spool?

·
Registered
326 Posts
[quote name='RT MAN' date='Feb 13 2006, 09:36 AM']
2005 RX1 Turbo 151" 7lbs boost 240 HP This was without a doubt the fastest skidoo I have ever been on. It wasn't as easy to toss around as a Summit but the power made it go anywhere without getting stuck. I can say it may be a better skidoo because all you need to is lighten the weight. The turbo made this rocket with sheer power up any incline it didn't matter how deep the powder was or how little room I had to run at the climb. This is easily a top runner that didn't suffer any power loss at altitude. The Turbo made the difference and is an easy add on that doesn't void the warranty. I give it a thumbs up! The Rev Summit should have 4 stroke turbo and it would be equal adversary to the RX1 Turbo.
[snapback]713212[/snapback]​
[/quote

Most everything that you can do to make a fourstroke lighter, you can do to make a two stroke lighter, and would personaly prefer the light weight over raw power for most of my rides.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as I kept it spooled up the power was instant and it was Hurrendus when I wanted it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.