Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachmentid=45694t]
Lost my gas can.

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

The yammie guy has it!

[atachmentid=45692]
The old 600HO beat the yammie to the gas station.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,535 Posts
TT670 said:
My 600HO was a freakin pig on fuel, never ever got more than 107 miles out of a tank.
[snapback]687587[/snapback]​
Oh yeah - the only sled I've ever seen get worse mileage than the 600HO Carb'ed is the old Polaris 600. Yikes. The guys we ride with were always neck-in-neck, running 7.7 MPG & 7.49 MPG for the low marks with the 600HO and the low for the Poo was 6.9 MPG one night.

The trip last season where the 600HO ran it's 7.49 MPG my SDI got 15 MPG, yeah, twice as much. SDI does work.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ih302 said:
After all the hype they don't live up to expectations. My next-door neighbor has a RS venture, He doesn't get near the mileage he was expecting.
[snapback]687585[/snapback]​
Yep, it's all hype!!!! My wife and I put about 70 miles on Friday on our sleds. She has an 05 600 SDI and we were within a litre of fuel used and my Apex has about 400 miles on it. Another thing she weighs half as much as I do! It's all "HYPE" and the Apex is a POS and the people who ride them hate them and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Now go and tell that to all the guys on here that say they are getting 12 mpg on their 06 SDI's...thats when they are running and not fouling plugs or going into limp mode!!!! *%@ is up with you guys and this "HYPE" crap!!! Don't you get tired of talking out of your AZZ???

·
Super Moderator
31,535 Posts
jds800Rev said:
ih302 said:
After all the hype they don't live up to expectations. My next-door neighbor has a RS venture, He doesn't get near the mileage he was expecting.
Yep, it's all hype!!!! My wife and I put about 70 miles on Friday on our sleds. She has an 05 600 SDI and we were within a litre of fuel used and my Apex has about 400 miles on it. Another thing she weighs half as much as I do! It's all "HYPE" and the Apex is a POS and the people who ride them hate them and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! Now go and tell that to all the guys on here that say they are getting 12 mpg on their 06 SDI's...thats when they are running and not fouling plugs or going into limp mode!!!! *%@ is up with you guys and this "HYPE" crap!!! Don't you get tired of talking out of your AZZ???
[snapback]687649[/snapback]​
JD, I have come to the conclusion it is impossible for you to post anything, anywhere without some kind of SD bash. You have sunk below the level of Immaturanator himself and your continued use of foul language is not needed. You REALLY need to grow up - you are making an "edit for bad language" of yourself. Just something to think about...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I thought it was funny when my father and I both got the same gas mileage when we were riding at tug hill a few weeks ago, 15mpg for both my 800ho and his apex gt. I'm on and off the throttle more than he is too.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
jds800Rev said:
ih302 said:
[snapback]687649[/snapback]​
Who said they were a pos? Who said it was just yamaha's fuel efficent tech that wasn't as good as advertised? Chill out dude.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
dynofox said:
I thought it was funny when my father and I both got the same gas mileage when we were riding at tug hill a few weeks ago, 15mpg for both my 800ho and his apex gt. I'm on and off the throttle more than he is too.

[snapback]687724[/snapback]​
Actually Ive found my Apex gets better mileage when Im beatin on it and the worst when Im puttin around..

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dropped the mains and needles on my 600HO. It helped the mileage but I am in the throttle all the time.

The yammie usually gets better mileage. However the tanks are not as large as the old Vipers so the range did not improve. On this day my buddy must not have topped off his sled. He ran out a mile from the gas station at 120 miles on the tank. I put 8.3 gallons in my Renegade. Good for a laugh again! Earlier this year I towed him back to town when the rear axle broke and the wheels came off!

Still a very nice sled, lots of power, but the Rev is better in the bumps and not all the weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.