Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I buy black or yellow as they are the orginal colours of brp I dont need to stand out and say hey look at me its like people need a pat on the back all the time its only paint deep its like a woman looks good but dont ride so good

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I buy black or yellow as they are the orginal colours of brp I dont need to stand out and say hey look at me its like people need a pat on the back all the time its only paint deep its like a woman looks good but dont ride so good
Psychology of colors in marketing, yes it's a thing, yes it's real and it works.

I don't need a pat on the back, that makes no sense.

My point, why would I buy a 2022 black mxzx 850 for thousands more that looks, functions exactly the same as say my black 2017 mxzx 850? Boring.

It's pointless, every manufacturer knows that by changing a few minor cost effective items eg. color, body moldings they can make you think it's all new and improved.

That mach z should have been a stand out flagship sled. Not a simple grey sticker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Psychology of colors in marketing, yes it's a thing, yes it's real and it works.

I don't need a pat on the back, that makes no sense.

My point, why would I buy a 2022 black mxzx 850 for thousands more that looks, functions exactly the same as say my black 2017 mxzx 850? Boring.

It's pointless, every manufacturer knows that by changing a few minor cost effective items eg. color, body moldings they can make you think it's all new and improved.

That mach z should have been a stand out flagship sled. Not a simple grey sticker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
that's good for you if it was a different colour they would have lost my sale and it is a pat on the back as every one want to say hey look at me and buy the look of it they didn't need you to buy as they sold lots and I get my dealer take all the red off my sled every and iam ok with that iam not on here crying the colours dont suit me I make it suit me the brp should change to suit me cause I dont like it sounds like a bunch of babies

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised by the 2022 Yamaha lineup. This is the best in years, IMO.

Reactions: TugHill800

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was set on an Expedition SE but I hate both the all black and the liquid titanium colours.

Might save myself 7k and get a vk540 for now and it has an awesome blue colour this year.

Please BRP go back to yellow or orange with your utility sleds!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised by the 2022 Yamaha lineup. This is the best in years, IMO.
Colors yes, they are very exciting, but as far as the rest of it, same old SH#T! No Yamacat for me!

Bob

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
There is no performance touring sled from cat anymore is there? I think yamie still does. Gotta check it out

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
That tells me Yamaha has ZERO future plans for any new product development of snowmobiles; just need someone in North America to choose the colors and bold new graphics for future Arctic Cat models.

And to think, Yamaha probably had about 20% market share at one time; my guess is they are under 3% now. Sad.

Reactions: Ski Dog

·
Registered
411 Posts
Agreed. I also get the impression that they are looking to expand their engine supplier business.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I hope Cat somehow holds on, it sucks that we already went from the big 4 down to 3. We don't need to go down to 2. And the writing on the wall at Cat hasn't exactly been good news the last couple years between their race department going belly up and all the longtime engineers getting fired or just plain quitting on their own. It doesn't look good....C'mon Textron, dump some money into Cat, at least give it one shot...or sell off the snow division to somebody who gives a rats behind...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I'll be interested to see what cat/yamaha has to offer at Haydays, that event is usually The Tell Tale of what's going on, they need new product to get the diehards interested again

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
As involved as Textron has been with Cat, I would expect they (Textron) will send a new baler to "Hay" days.

Yes, they seem that clueless.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I hope Cat somehow holds on, it sucks that we already went from the big 4 down to 3. We don't need to go down to 2. And the writing on the wall at Cat hasn't exactly been good news the last couple years between their race department going belly up and all the longtime engineers getting fired or just plain quitting on their own. It doesn't look good....C'mon Textron, dump some money into Cat, at least give it one shot...or sell off the snow division to somebody who gives a rats behind...
It would definitely suck to now move from 3 to only 2 snowmobile manufacturers.

I don't want to see Text Cat exit snowmobiling either but Textron management seems to only be interested in squeezing whatever dimes they can out of the snowmobile division. And it is obvious that Textron management does not understand the snowmobile market AT ALL: they offer ZERO track choices at all on a pre-ordered trail side, they decimated their dealer network, and I think their chief marketing manager is a part time employee that lives in Atlanta, Georgia.

Cat will NEVER be the technology and innovation leader (they are too far behind Polaris and Ski-Doo already), and their only hope is to be the value leader and undercut Polaris and Ski-Doo by about at least $1,000 per sled.

Covid has presented Arctic Cat with an opportunity. With Polaris and Ski-Doo manufacturing at maximum capacity and almost no dealer floor stock, all Arctic Cat has to do is to change their strategy and put non-preordered snowmobiles on the floors of their dealer's showrooms and they will sell snowmobiles. However, it does not appear that Text Cat management will seize that opportunity.

Reactions: ProAngler

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
With their reputation, I do not think to many would jump ship. They are in the same boat as Doo and Polaris, parts availability! Do not worry, there will be plenty of sleds available come fall.

Bob

121 - 140 of 149 Posts