Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Looked like a nice reveal to me....100 times better than Cat.
I would get a Yami before a poo.
Yes, if I lived somewhere where I had to stick to riding groomed trails, I'd be tempted by a Yamaha. The STX-GT would be a real nice option for racking on the miles.

I'm puzzled by the lack of N/A models though. 130hp is a sweet spot in any lineup, but Yamaha has almost abandoned it. I'd like to see the Transporter (Norseman) with the non-turbo 4 stroke in it. That would be a skinny track sled I'd be tempted to buy.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes, if I lived somewhere where I had to stick to riding groomed trails, I'd be tempted by a Yamaha. The STX-GT would be a real nice option for racking on the miles.
I'm puzzled by the lack of N/A models though. 130hp is a sweet spot in any lineup, but Yamaha has almost abandoned it. I'd like to see the Transporter (Norseman) with the non-turbo 4 stroke in it. That would be a skinny track sled I'd be tempted to buy.
There are viper models with the na 1049.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I feel like they did some great stuff. Eps would be great. I know how much of a difference it made in the atv/sxs market. Plus you pay 17-18k for a machine and can get great shocks that actually have rebound adjustment. What a break through skidoo. They are heavy sleds but kinda get more bang for your buck. A storage bag without having to spend more money. Led headlights. Dang seems like they’re doing a few things right.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I feel like they did some great stuff. Eps would be great. I know how much of a difference it made in the atv/sxs market. Plus you pay 17-18k for a machine and can get great shocks that actually have rebound adjustment. What a break through skidoo. They are heavy sleds but kinda get more bang for your buck. A storage bag without having to spend more money. Led headlights. Dang seems like they're doing a few things right.
Yeah, but you used to be able to pay 10-13k and get rebound also on Doo's top 2 models X and XRS. BRP is getting too money hungry taking things aways and making the shocks smaller volume. At the same time selling a top end shock as an accessory similar to what used to be stock on an XRS.

·
Registered
677 Posts
So Skidoo detuned their current 900T from 150 hp to 130hp to compete with 1 little Viper? Yeah, real strong area for 130 hp unless you are throwing the need with 2 stroke owners in there too. I still don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
There are 3 vipers but they seem very similar. They're all 137 with the same track so it looks like pick your favorite color or shocks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've ridden a Vip since 2014/5 when it came out before the turbo craze (then you could add mpi in spring check)...I made a switch to a machine that had little to null maintenance. Yearly oil changes, blow out the clutches, grease swap a bearing here and there. It ran like a clock until the weight factor and time took its toll on the skid/chassis. Forgot to mention I spent almost 3k to get it to turn with elkas up front c&a skis and woodys slim jims dooleys.... ps and the new strike ski seems legit and was needed 6 years ago...

This past fall I spent big bucks ripping out my heat exchanger in the tunnel as they use it as a engine mount due to hairline cracks...dealer I bought the exchanger from said "the guy next door could weld it"...must happen a bit....600 for the part. After installing that and drilling out the rear hangers and installing new ones and reassembling first trip out it ran great until I pulled the cross shaft through the tunnel on both sides...drop the skid for the 4th...5th time whos counting anymore....lets put it this way I'm looking forward to my order being processed on the Rave. Albeit with time the pps3 and the front end will show its flaws...been doing this every winter since I can remember passing out on the gas tank of my dads 76 340 srx....and I'm going to continue to spend and invest in this till I cant any longer. Doesn't matter what ya riding just matters that your riding.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think Yamaha's 400CC class is very underrated. This past year has proven that all kinds of people are getting back into sledding as Ski-Doo sold out of sleds for crying out loud (at least all of our local dealers did). That Transporter Lite is a heckuva deal for a basic snowmobile or getting to and from a camp, backwoods cruising. I think Yamaha's entry lineup is better looking and not as cartoonish as Cats. I'd rank Yamaha ahead of Cat for 2022 from what I can see.

·
Registered
118 Posts
many years on the sidewinder, made this switch a year ago to 900t never going back!! cat and yam need to fix all the little problems before no one is riding them. i had roll over valve freeze and blow oil on hot manifold. caught sled on fire. chain case top gear replace 3 times along with parts it took out in case. turbo went out at 2400 miles, front heat exchanger cracked and had to be replaced . other than that it was ok lol :D :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Another boring plain black skidoo?
Thousands of them out there. Who knows if thats a 2022 or a 2018.

Gets worse when your at a restaurant and there are 100 plain old black skidoos. Which one is yours? Brp needs to install one of those fancy beep beep key chains to locate your sled.

At least offer different graphics, surely stickers are an easy install on the assembly line.

The mach z should have been a complete stand out from the reg 900tr. It should have some serious presence not just a grey sticker.

To me the z was just a marketing sales play.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts

Gets worse when your at a restaurant and there are 100 plain old black skidoos. Which one is yours? Brp needs to install one of those fancy beep beep key chains to locate your sled.

At least offer different graphics, surely stickers are an easy install on the assembly line.

The mach z should have been a complete stand out from the reg 900tr. It should have some serious presence not just a grey sticker.

A long awaited marketing sales play that worked amazingly well by the response of all riders and buyers! I agree skidoo's color/graphic options are overlooked it seems by brp however, it seems that they aren't overlooking the important parts such a quality, longevity, fit and finish, and tech advancements. I also agree when walking through lots filled with sleds there are 25 identical ski doo of multiple models. Obviously there's a reason for this from the consumer stand point. They are building products people are wanting and buying. You'll know what it is when your cranking down the lake with a smile on your face aboard a srx/winder and a "plain old black skidoo" passes you! Buy one, buy a wrap to personalize it to your liking and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts

Agreed! To me the all black is super boring. Not that it looks bad, but it's the same thing year after year. That said, I know lots of people who will only buy the black models. So perhaps we're in the minority.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts