Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
AD Boivin left the aftermarket suspension business when Yamaha quit making sleds. It wasn't coincidence.
I was a mild Yamaha fanboy, and planned on getting a Yamicat when I got my Doo, but the dealers for both brands had temporarily left the area. I still wouldn't mind getting an Apex, but I just can't figure out why they wouldn't stick that heavy engine where the weight wouldn't matter, in a touring sled.
I put a Fast M20 Airwave under my Warrior. Now all I need is Power steering to handle all that weight

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Seat fell off my brothers 2016 Axys. Well, the gas tank fell off and the seat was attached to it.
the only seat I've ever seen fall off was on a yamaha. Sidewinder.

I think people's memory of Yamaha's 4 stroke heydays are viewed through rose colored glasses. The apex was nice in a straight line. They weren't rider forward. When they came out with rider forward sleds with that same "build quality" they suffered. Their sleds couldn't turn and weighed a ton. They had some engineering and reliability issues as well. I really enjoyed beating up on my phazer considering I thought the sled was a joke before owning one. But their overall performance was trash. That era of snowmobile design and manufacturing by yamaha is the reason yamaha has been all but killed off in the snowmobile world and are relegated to being an engine builder with only two engines. It was like an early 80's car builder merged with snowmobiles. Then tried to make two rider forward sleds that crashed and burned big time. I can appreciate the apex motor. That's the only thing from that era that yamaha knocked out of the park.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yamaha improved immensely after cat put yam decals on cat sleds.
Them old high quality tanks broke and rode like a lumber wagon. Turds.
As for power steering.....ah, I don't see the need unless your setup is lawn dart.
Nice to see its just an option on the big cat. Hopefully the yamaha group will see that wisdom as they release their 22's.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
So he says he hopes the new sled resonates with the Yamaha faithful. Good question, but if he really wants to know why doesn't he ask them? It can't be that hard to get ahold of all 13 of them. :shrug

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I think Cat's/Yamaha's handle great. All they have to do IMO, is redesign their side panels to make more room for the rider and they'd be there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
LE model brings back the good FOX Kashima Qs3R shocks, like my 50th had.

img.jpg?id=6042799e2a0ab624787951ff&w=12

img.jpg?id=6042799e2a0ab62478795200&w=12

Front Suspension
Independent, Double Wishbone

Front Shocks
Fox 1.5 Zero QS3-R Kashima

Front Travel
10" (254mm)

Ski Type
Yamaha Stryke Single Keel

Rear Suspension
Dual Shock SR 137

Rear Shock(s)
Fox 2.0 Zero QS3-R Kashima

Rear Travel
13.5" (343mm)

Center Shock
Fox 1.5 Zero QS3 Kashima

img.jpg?id=604279422a0ab624787951dd&w=12

img.jpg?id=604279432a0ab624787951de&w=12

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
They have nice colors/graphics. I am sure their market share will continue to fall though.
When you are at like 3%, there is not much room to fall.

Although, adjustable rebound is a nice touch.

Reactions: DITCHBANGERPRO

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
**1 year factory warranty + 2 years Yamaha Protection Plus on all 2022 snowmobile four-stroke models
Looks like the Japanese don't have too much faith in an Arctic Cat built 2-stroke.

Reactions: Newfiebullett

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Some of those models are the best looking new snowmobiles available. The yamaha guys should be pretty happy with that lineup....many to choose from that's for sure!

81 - 100 of 149 Posts