Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Looks like cat/Yamaha did some body and headlight work as well.

Kinda cool to see power steering on these, gives a needed feature to some to keep them in the sport.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not much new, except for power steering on the Sidewinder and Thundercat. The new chassis Cat is working on has been delayed..

The Product Manager at Yamaha has the easiest job in the world- spend one week deciding sled colors and one week taking pictures of them..
I don't know if I agree with that. He was very strategic not to allow any viewing of the rear end of the sled whatsoever. I have hopes alive for a completely new tunnel/skid for these sleds. Perhaps Cat has new plastics coming out over the existing chassis. They really don't need a new chassis. Its by far the best steering and confident front end in the entire industry. Don't screw that up - its all they got at this point!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I don't know if I agree with that. He was very strategic not to allow any viewing of the rear end of the sled whatsoever. I have hopes alive for a completely new tunnel/skid for these sleds. Perhaps Cat has new plastics coming out over the existing chassis. They really don't need a new chassis. Its by far the best steering and confident front end in the entire industry. Don't screw that up - its all they got at this point!
I agree that Cat doesn't need a new chassis from a "handling"standpoint....They need a new chassis just to have something new and hopefully keep the same handling- add a new gauge pack and all will be well.

There is a reason Cat dominates XC racing- handling!

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
So he says he hopes the new sled resonates with the Yamaha faithful. Good question, but if he really wants to know why doesn't he ask them? It can't be that hard to get ahold of all 13 of them. :shrug

·
Registered
815 Posts
So he says he hopes the new sled resonates with the Yamaha faithful. Good question, but if he really wants to know why doesn't he ask them? It can't be that hard to get ahold of all 13 of them. :shrug
He is referring to the power steering...And anyone who rode power steering on the Apex knows how incredible it is.

The power steering should help bring these older/rich guys to the Sidewinder..

fyi- Yamaha did build ~10k sleds in 2021.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
He is referring to the power steering...And anyone who rode power steering on the Apex knows how incredible it is.

Yes but over 1/3 of that was Snoscoots. According to our local Yamaha Rep.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had a power steering Vector a few years ago and the power steering was absolutely incredible. Except for cost there is no downside.
Does it add extra weight, if so how much to the same sled without it? Is it electric or hydraulic power steering?

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts

Sarcasm Brad, sarcasm.

0fd4a6c9296b74f6e367789f0c45e9dd.gif

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
I know it was...but was surprised to hear it was 10k...your 13 felt closer to correct.. :D
:righton

Its all good!

I'm thinking that ~10k built was them just pre-building enough for this decade. They're optimistic sales are going to pick up! :lol:

Reactions: Spainex

·
Registered
569 Posts
Putting a power steering decal on a sled is humorous.
I'm gonna get some on my sled that say "glove box" in some kinda high speed, low drag font.
I thought the same about Skidoo putting the length of the track and depth of lug, on the tunnel of the powder sleds, in huge lettering.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I thought the same about Skidoo putting the length of the track and depth of lug, on the tunnel of the powder sleds, in huge lettering.
I thought of that when I seen it, was like if a guy got a tattoo with his "full blooded" size.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
There are many, many new Yamahas on the trails here. Winders, vipers and vk are everywhere.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts