Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have been sitting on the edge of buying a apex attack. i have no issues with my 800x i must add, i had the chance to ride one last night, rides well, awsome motor,
steers and feels light. tank is to wide. quite liked it. IDEAL WOULD BE A REV CHASSIS WITH THE YAMAHA MOTOR . i have been on totally yamaha for about a month
watching the feed back.
issues with tracks, track clips all coming off, some shock problems, bad handwarmers,chaincase seal problems,bad rear suspension arms( cracking)
busting idler wheels,headlight pods breaking and i will add .lots of items on back order. this is not to slander the product. i still am up in the air as what to buy next.
THE POINT BEING!!!!! ALL MANUFACTURES HAVE ISSUES. BY THE WAY . YAMAHA WARRANTY DOESNT SEEMS TO ANY BETTER AT HANDLING THEIR ISSUES THAN SKIDOO. its still a great product, yamaha and skidoo seem to be the only snowmobile manufactures with a future vision.
ps . this is my 3rd rev.
still am looking at a new yamaha or a new skidoo ? dont know?

·
Registered
0 Posts
danx123 said:
i have been sitting on the edge of buying a apex attack. i have no issues with my 800x i must add, i had the chance to ride one last night, rides well, awsome motor,
steers and feels light. tank is to wide. quite liked it. IDEAL WOULD BE A REV CHASSIS WITH THE YAMAHA MOTOR . i have been on totally yamaha for about a month
watching the feed back.
issues with tracks, track clips all coming off, some shock problems, bad handwarmers,chaincase seal problems,bad rear suspension arms( cracking)
busting idler wheels,headlight pods breaking and i will add .lots of items on back order. this is not to slander the product. i still am up in the air as what to buy next.
THE POINT BEING!!!!! ALL MANUFACTURES HAVE ISSUES. BY THE WAY . YAMAHA WARRANTY DOESNT SEEMS TO ANY BETTER AT HANDLING THEIR ISSUES THAN SKIDOO. its still a great product, yamaha and skidoo seem to be the only snowmobile manufactures with a future vision.
ps . this is my 3rd rev.
[snapback]733089[/snapback]​
I have an Apex ER with 1800 miles on it. I just got back from a trip up north and the only thing I don't like about my sled is the handwarmers and it darts more than I like. My wheels and hyfax look like new. My track and track clips look new also. The guys with headlight pods breaking are guys who have rolled their sleds. Other than the dealer changing the oil at 500 miles I have never had a reason to open the hood or side panels. This is the first real gasn'go sled I have ever owned.
I still own two Revs but I can honestly say that my Apex is by far the most awesome sled I have ever owned. When Yamaha fixes my handwarmers and I either change skis or something to get rid of my darting this sled will be perfect for me. I never in my wildest dreams thought a sled like this was possible to build and everytime I ride it I have to tell myself I'm not dreaming!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tughillterror said:
They all have issues? They call can break?!

So you're telling me...that Yami is NOT invincible??

It's GENIUS!!!

[snapback]733189[/snapback]​
not sure if that was directed at me? and was that being sarcastic or very
pointed in your reply

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I too jumped to a Yammy a couple weeks ago, just to see how the other side lived so to speak. I bought an '04 Warrior, the price was irresistable so I thought why not. I put 600+ miles on it last weekend and must say I'm very impressed, obviously there are alot of things it doesn't doo as well as the REV but all in all I like it. I'm going to get a Boss seat and a taller handlebar set up and try that to improve the ergos. Other than that so far so good, I know what you mean about the REV chassis with the Yammy motor, I had the same thoughts

·
Registered
0 Posts
rob7374 said:
danx123 said:
i have been on totally yamaha for about a month watching the feed back.
issues with tracks,
Issues like this.....how you like them apples...new tunnel...new exuast...etc
[snapback]733926[/snapback]​
Hey Rob where did you get that pic? The only one I saw like that was a Apex Mountain sled that had a tunnel mounted turbo that wasn't properly installed. There is no way you could do damage like that on a stock Apex.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I think thats the sled JDS, see the intake tube in the pic. It looks like the track on that sled caught the turbos charge tube heat exchanger and tore it up . Go thru every page on TY's Apex forum and see how many MAJOR problems you can find, such as motors breaking and peoples winters coming to an end due to major breakdowns and 3 month backorders, thats the big difference to me. I personally have 3 bitches about my Yamaha, the handwarmers are weak and the black paint is rubbing off the tunnel where my feet sit and its 40 degrees and I cant ride it today. No bogies coming apart, no track clips coming off, no oil leaks and no cracking of the rear skid, although a few of the weld joints are showing a touch of rust but so were the weld joints on my REVs front a arms the day it was delivered.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
danx123 said:
watching the feed back.
ps . this is my 3rd rev.
....Just interested to know, If you have had good luck with your Rev and it's lighter and the best chassis out there, Why are you interested in the Yamaha?? I Like the Yammy's too, but am interested as to why you're considering switching.

·
Registered
464 Posts
jds800Rev said:
danx123 said:
watching the feed back.
ps . this is my 3rd rev.
I have an Apex ER with 1800 miles on it. I just got back from a trip up north and the only thing I don't like about my sled is the handwarmers and it darts more than I like. My wheels and hyfax look like new. My track and track clips look new also. The guys with headlight pods breaking are guys who have rolled their sleds. Other than the dealer changing the oil at 500 miles I have never had a reason to open the hood or side panels. This is the first real gasn'go sled I have ever owned.
I still own two Revs but I can honestly say that my Apex is by far the most awesome sled I have ever owned. When Yamaha fixes my handwarmers and I either change skis or something to get rid of my darting this sled will be perfect for me. I never in my wildest dreams thought a sled like this was possible to build and everytime I ride it I have to tell myself I'm not dreaming!

[snapback]733166[/snapback]​
Do you have stock in Yami or something? The guy was just saying other mfgs. have issues. You gotta come back and say your sled is the best you've ever owned...? I don't understand why you replied to this post.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
[[/quote]
I don't understand why you replied to this post.
[snapback]734213[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Because this is a forum, I thought thats what you did was reply and give opinions.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Fatboy said:
Do you have stock in Yami or something? The guy was just saying other mfgs. have issues. You gotta come back and say your sled is the best you've ever owned...? I don't understand why you replied to this post.
He doesn't like bumps, therefore his sled suits him well.

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
I ride with two Yamaha riders all the time. They have 05 Vectors that they bought new last year. Two trips with them this year and both times they wound up at the dealer. First time in they both had to have their ignition modules replaced. One had been acting up periodicly and the other one was shutting off at will every few minutes or so. Second time one of them had a problem with his steering that we couldn't pin down. It felt like somebody was standing on the skis when you were trying to turn going down the trail and was downright dangerous. Turns out that there was some kind of a sleeve on the steering shaft that needed to be lubed, no biggie but still a pain in the butt hanging around the dealer for almost two hours.

One thing I will say is that their warranties are amazing. They bought an additional warranty (not sure of the exact $ but it was reasonable) that covers most everything and gives them free lodging or rental sleds if theirs wind up in the shop for something that is going to take some time. Just like BRP's warranty..........only exactly different.

·
Registered
464 Posts
BellevilleMXZ said:
I don't understand why you replied to this post.
[/quote]

Because this is a forum, I thought thats what you did was reply and give opinions.
[snapback]734216[/snapback]​
[/quote
"you" meaning jds800.......

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
My buds Apex refused to turn this week in the UP, so I wonder if his has that Sleeve that needs to be lubed?

G

·
jds800Rev said:
rob7374 said:
danx123 said:
i have been on totally yamaha for about a month watching the feed back.
issues with tracks,
Issues like this.....how you like them apples...new tunnel...new exuast...etc
[snapback]733926[/snapback]​
Hey Rob where did you get that pic? The only one I saw like that was a Apex Mountain sled that had a tunnel mounted turbo that wasn't properly installed. There is no way you could do damage like that on a stock Apex.
[snapback]734060[/snapback]​
A Yamaha mechanic out west that I know sent me the picture. I don't know where the picture came from if it was on another site or he took it. This was the comment attached to he picture he sent me:
"A little birdie told me that the 2006 Mountain Apexes may have recalls now on them, the tracks are ripping the tunnels and exhaust apart, XXXXXXX has been in contact with transport Canada , they only need to see four documented cases of which this has been happening to. Right now Yamaha is not doing a thing, they are covering some tracks on warranty"

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
jds800Rev said:
danx123 said:
watching the feed back.
ps . this is my 3rd rev.

[snapback]733166[/snapback]​
JDS, who cares?? You ride like a girl so this is why your sled has no problems... Touring riders ride SSSSLLLOOOWWW!!!! Yamaha is a great sled for you...

·
Registered
323 Posts
My opinion is you buy a rev or an apex for a different reason. The REV shines in the rough stuff. Thats what its for. My apex does well here too once it's setup properly (like any sled). A REV is lighter, no doubt about it. you can flick that sled anyway you like most of the time. Apex is a good cross between a high powered sled and a trail sled which was exactly what Yamaha was shooting for. Kind of the best of both worlds.

in all 1400 miles on my RTX, i have not had a single issue. I am still on the original hyfax, original wheels (mine was not affected) and so what if it was. they are free at the dealer and takes 10 minutes to put new ones on. not what i call a big problem. No leaks, nothing to speak of.

the reliability of my apex is stellar. This past weekend i got close to 16 mpg and took out a few F7's across the lake from start to finish and a few Doo 600 SDI's. Not bragging because it should be able to do just that. They are both nice sleds. If your not having issues with your REV, and you like it, stick with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts