Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 XRS 800 with 10 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers that are supposed to not slip, and c&A pro 3 skiis. I tightened up the suspension the other night, and since then i have noticed that its really hard for me to steer! Obviously the skiis have some serious dig to them but if going 20 or slower I have to put all of my strength into just turning some of these corners, and that aint good for my steering joints... I know theres the strap in the skid that can be adjusted somehow, but right now theres a good amount of slack in it. is that good or bad for my cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Also, instead of starting a second thread, Im curious as to if anyone can catwalk the 120" XRS. The power and traction is there for me but my snowflap and rear grab bar dont let me lift it much at all before hitting the ground... anyone else have this issue? just curious! thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
adjust the front suspension softer or come back on the rear if it was steering well before the adjustment you made. Tightening the limiter strap will add more ski pressure.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Your C&A skis are to blame for the hard steering, especially at slow speeds, you can adjust the suspension to take some ski pressure off the front end, to help compensate for the C&A's but trust me I've been there on the C&A band wagon, they turn on a dime, but you will get a arm work - out, try a set of pilot 6.9 's with shaper bars up the middle, and the stock carbides on the outside of the ski, and you will be able to turn a lot easier, like night & day difference!! Just my 2 cents!! :ridedoo:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
If your running C&A's and want lighter steering, you need Hygear slicast upper a-arms so you can take caster out for easier steering.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
You say you tightened up your suspension, what did you do and why? Sounds like you made things worse.

I don't know how much preload you have on your center spring but if you try more it will take the weight off of the skis.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tightened up the rear because it kept bottoming out and it bent my rails in. Those dampener pads that are on the back, just inside the rear bogey wheels, are bent in now... so i tightened up rear on both adjustments, and that helped alot, i probably shouldnt have hardened the front shocks though the way it sounds..

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
What are your torsion springs set on? How much do you weigh with gear?

Did you set front and back sag before you started?

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Is your sled thawed out now? Do you have your operators manual? Do you know what the torsion springs are? How long have you had the sled?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
First...Set your sag..Second, loosen up your center shock some. Start there..

Whats your issue with cat walking? You should be able to stand it straight up with commitment

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
at least get the rear of rear shock serviced, its time. 5 years old so I'm sure the oil looks like black coffee and the gas pressure is probably low. you're probably blowing thru the compression dampening and riding around on the springs, not good. I love to preach about the aftermarket rear spring bushings, but after battling to get my X to ride and handle properly, I found out all I needed was a shock service and those bushings to correct the issues. Good Luck !

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Second winter ive had the sled, yes i have manual, but it isnt in the shop right now so not thawed out. As far as setting sag, that consists of what? the spring tension? im not sure what it should be set at is the problem, i feel like theres so much adjustment, then ride, then adjust, then ride, repeat to get suspension right...

Also, with catwalking, i start to stand it up, but then grab bar hits and it wont let me lift it.. i can only go about half way before tunnel/grab bar and snow flap start to drag preventing me from walking it..

·
Registered
399 Posts
loosen the limiter strap for easier steering and bigger wheelies! make sure your center spring is stiffend up a bit to take off ski pressure, note it will affent your ride a bit so adjust a little at a time to find your happy medium! and [email protected] skis are the best turning ski on the market! it is also the hardest to steer at low speeds! compramise a guy makes to turn the sharpest!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the limiter strap in the skid is completely loose, there is tons of slack. should there only be one? because theres only one on the left side. Also, i loosened up front shocks all the way with the red knob, then tightened 4 clicks each, helped some, but still steers hard...

The problem with catlwalkin is the skid compresses up into tunnel. then tunnel drags on ground and i cant lift skiis any higher, i have rearend suspension super tight too because i dont wanna bend the rails in the back where the dampener pads are, worse. i will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You're not going to fix hitting your bumper and dragging you flap without a longer skid and ditching the flap. All the suspension adjustments in the world won't fix that...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts