Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What are you folks finding as as the best all around gearing with the 1.6ic? 2019 XRS 137... I did a search but only found topics are back in 17-18? I didn't do much but ride last year, as was very busy, but going to play with clutching this year (SHR Kit), so would like to start with the best gear in it to start. The 25 in it now seems to be good, just seeing if I should go up one or not

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im asking myself the same thing. 137 1.75" and im not buing a kit clutch kit. My clutching wasn't really good last year. Rpm were all over some times at 8200 and later at 7700. I thought about going to a smaller gear 24-23T. After I read some about doing this it would have been counterproductive on clutching ...

We have the same sled, almost the same track. Im going to try a 26T gear, and im pretty sure it will pull it easily.
im still doubting it, at 100$...

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,338 Posts
Im asking myself the same thing. 137 1.75" and im not buing a kit clutch kit. My clutching wasn't really good last year. Rpm were all over some times at 8200 and later at 7700. I thought about going to a smaller gear 24-23T. After I read some about doing this it would have been counterproductive on clutching ... We have the same sled, almost the same track. Im going to try a 26T gear, and im pretty sure it will pull it easily. im still doubting it, at 100$...
A 1.25 and IR track on a 850 129 some can pull a 26t gear .Some can make it work with a Gade ,and the 1.6 IC is 6/7 mph slower to begin with .You might wish to gear down with that track .

·
Registered
56 Posts
A 1.25 and IR track on a 850 129 some can pull a 26t gear .Some can make it work with a Gade ,and the 1.6 IC is 6/7 mph slower to begin with .You might wish to gear down with that track .
I thought if you geared down, since im already over revving, it would be worse. If im gearing down with this i would need at least a sring change?

Help me if my thinking is wrong here: less torque on the QRS = faster upshift and even more revs at the higher end... 8000 8100 8200... And a 26T would stall the shift a bit and not over shoot the rated rpm

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,338 Posts
I thought if you geared down, since im already over revving, it would be worse. If im gearing down with this i would need at least a sring change?

Help me if my thinking is wrong here: less torque on the QRS = faster upshift and even more revs at the higher end... 8000 8100 8200... And a 26T would stall the shift a bit and not over shoot the rated rpm
Click down ,or add Pivot weight And use the xs821 belt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Click down ,or add Pivot weight And use the xs821 belt
im going to try this 23T gear. (chain needed? I believe that i don't)

i had that on my XS with a DJ kit (800e 137x 1.75'') liked it a lot.

im already/always running at clicker2, thats why in trying to lower my max rpm.

I have a pin kit from brp. ill try the xs821 the next belt ill blow (571)...

thanks again and sorry for the threadjack

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Guess I'll stay with what I have and clutch it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ran 1.75 bcx track on my 850 renegade last year paired with DJ clutching and 23/45 gearing. Absolutely loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I have the 1.25 ic i. 129 and heard the 25 to 26 mod was one of the best mods. In another thread. I thi k im gonna do it

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I'm running a 1.75" bcx track on my 18 XRS. I'm running the 24T top gear. Love it!

Goodwin clutching.

105-107 mph top end. Incredible low and mid range for corner to corner fun! Great in the deep stuff too.

Don't fear the gear!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts