Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
One thing that I was told that made XPS oil very viable is they put good anti-corrosive additives in. When summerizing, that is what you want. I just short blocked an 2016 800 etec this month, XPS from the get go. 12,973 miles, still running great. All internals very good. YMMV.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 RenegadeX
22,129 Posts
Does 2 Stroke Oil go bad? I have a couple of unopened XPS synthetic oil but it's in the older yellow container not the current black container?

Thanks,
Frank
Yes. I’ll send you my address, I’ll dispose of it for you.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

·
Premium Member
19 600r
1,244 Posts
Does 2 Stroke Oil go bad? I have a couple of unopened XPS synthetic oil but it's in the older yellow container not the current black container?

Thanks,
Frank
A diesel tech told me ounce that oil can attract moisture ,the reason they service a big stand by generator ounce a year the oil isn't bad but could have moisture in it .Could be total B.S. and a reason for a service call but I tend to try use up my stuff.

·
Super Moderator
29,677 Posts
^^^^ That is somewhat true. Oil will absorb moisture, however synthetic is supposed to be able to burn off the moisture, standard oil does not.

In the case of the oil in question, if it's still in a sealed container there shouldn't be any moisture yet.

That said, I have a bunch of old Mobil 1 in my garage, they say it has a 5 year shelf life.

Reactions: mxzscotty

·
Registered
164 Posts
I paid $60 at my dealer also. I said something about the price going up $5.00 He said that is the price BRP is charging. The plant where it is made is in Louisiana and was hit by one of the hurricanes this past fall. They were still doing repairs to get up to full production. He said he is getting shipments in, but not in the quantity that he wanted.

·
Registered
'14 Summit SP 600 '21 Expedition Sport 600 EFI
3,508 Posts
I paid $60 at my dealer also. I said something about the price going up $5.00 He said that is the price BRP is charging. The plant where it is made is in Louisiana and was hit by one of the hurricanes this past fall. They were still doing repairs to get up to full production. He said he is getting shipments in, but not in the quantity that he wanted.
Guess I'm fortunate, in that my dealer is still selling XPS ETEC at the same $50 price they charged the past couple years. Maybe he's buying enough volume to get a better discount from Doo?

21 - 40 of 69 Posts