Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I went from a rev renagade to a backcountry x. wow what a off trail machine. I was wondering though how they were water skipping with all the vents for water infiltration to the clutches and turning the larger 1 3/4 inch track. the rev was fine for puddle jumping but if I was going out mainly to play on water I would tape seams and clutch vents (Found that out the hard way). Any experince or advice would be appricated.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Seal or tape up the running boards behind the clutches. water sprays right up and hits the first 3-4 open spots in the boards. I would also caulk between the bulkhead and plastic in the belly. I've skipped a lot with my short track XP on the river, seems to work fine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ported tracks for skipping arent a good combination just keep that in mind

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not really the puddle jumps or small water crossings i am worried about. It's when i go out to specificly play on water. Carving, catwalks etc.
Do you get more water up in the tunnel with a ported track thus harder to turn. This is what I was worried about with the 1 3/4 inch track.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's not really the puddle jumps or small water crossings i am worried about. It's when i go out to specificly play on water. Carving, catwalks etc.
Do you get more water up in the tunnel with a ported track thus harder to turn. This is what I was worried about with the 1 3/4 inch track.
The 1 3/4 shouldnt be all that bad, my friend has a ported summit and he does fine, you definitely don't want to go slow though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts