Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I Just Wanna Ride Man
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is this dent worth getting a new pipe for? Don't think so but thought I would ask.

3a33010b29f0a80a550cc7880c932159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hey guys is this dent worth getting a new pipe for? Don't think so but thought I would ask.

3a33010b29f0a80a550cc7880c932159.jpg

That is a velocity inducer, only found in One specific tree, typically only one tree on the mountain will provide that actual result Good find.Can be easily fixed if your concerned but will likely make no difference.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
Ever seen a stock drag sled? They are all dented for tunning.

Easy fix there.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Don't worry about it. I've heard of dinged up pipes actually gaining power but i guess it all depends on how and where its dented as to what it will do.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We have an old phazer 480 fan that has a dented pipe worse than that and it has effected it pretty badly

·
I Just Wanna Ride Man
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rode it the rest of the day after I kissed that spruce tree. Seemed fine didn't notice a difference. Will keep running it and see I guess. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Last year in January I smacked a tree on my '14 Summit, and it dented the pipe worse than that. I ran it the rest of the year and it ran fine.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've heard of people filling there pipe with water and putting it in the freezer to pop a dent out. I've personally never tried it, so no idea if it actually works or not.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I built steel caps. One with a nipple in the middle to apply air pressure. Then glued 1/4 thick rubber to one side. Wire tied them down to the ends of the pipe. Put 40psi to the pipe and very very slowly headed the dent and it came out. Let the pressure off and let it cool. You have the smoothest repair. Frozen water can split the pipe. And once you build the caps. They can be used on alot of pipes. Mine works for my CR250 as well. Youtube it.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I built steel caps. One with a nipple in the middle to apply air pressure. Then glued 1/4 thick rubber to one side. Wire tied them down to the ends of the pipe. Put 40psi to the pipe and very very slowly headed the dent and it came out. Let the pressure off and let it cool. You have the smoothest repair. Frozen water can split the pipe. And once you build the caps. They can be used on alot of pipes. Mine works for my CR250 as well. Youtube it.

yes that's the way ive done , its controlled

1 - 16 of 16 Posts