Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade my base model gauge to the X package gauge, my sled is a 2013 ETEC 600. i have read many different answers on here on if it will actually work or not but i cant get a confident one.

so my question is does anyone know for sure if this would work. the X package gauge would be coming off an 2009 or a 2010, (not for sure). ive read they will automatically pair up, ive read they will not work at all, ive also read that you need to take it to the dealer so they can link the computer to the cluster which is no big deal. i want the gauge to properly work and the most important to show the correct mileage.

i can get the X Gauge pretty cheap if not free from a buddy who no longer uses the sled so im not too worried about going to the dealer and paying 20-40 bucks for them to hook up to it with BUDS.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the same sled. It works no problem. Have the gauge functions unlocked when it is programmed to your vin#. Send it to Jason here on the forum. He can do more than the dealer in regards to programming.

Hand warmers on at idle
Coolant display
All x-package features

Note:
Hand warmers on at idle will only work with the x package handlbar switch (has m/s button) and x package wire harness.

Mileage will follow the cluster, engine hours will follow the sled. Try to find a cluster with similar miles, I found one within 30 miles of my current mileage.

Sent you a pm

·
E-Tec Rules
33,538 Posts
Even if I take it to the dealer and have them hook up to it and connect the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes. Dealer cant do anything. Mileage is stored in the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts