Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2005 rev took off mobile windshield added x bars and riser mounted fixed windshield brakelever touches windshield on sharp right hand turns regardless of adjustments any suggestions

·
Registered
34 Posts
cdog said:
cdog said:
bigf150 said:
tilt the bars back toward the rider.

usually people with the x-bars get the windshielt with it. you might want to get a smaller windshield.
[snapback]713803[/snapback]​
[snapback]713816[/snapback]​
tried tilting bars thanks
[snapback]713829[/snapback]​
You have to go with at least a medium windshield.Got the same kit on my 04 800 went with the medium windshield,works great.Looks alot better anyway

·
Registered
109 Posts
rpdoo said:
cdog said:
cdog said:
bigf150 said:

usually people with the x-bars get the windshielt with it. you might want to get a smaller windshield.
You have to go with at least a medium windshield.Got the same kit on my 04 800 went with the medium windshield,works great.Looks alot better anyway
[snapback]713906[/snapback]​
I just installed a medium summit windshield on my 05 x had to trim corners off with band saw to allow brake levers and bar ends to clear ...No big deal.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rider_X said:
rpdoo said:
cdog said:
cdog said:
bigf150 said:

[snapback]713906[/snapback]​
I just installed a medium summit windshield on my 05 x had to trim corners off with band saw to allow brake levers and bar ends to clear ...No big deal.
[snapback]714297[/snapback]​
Put the stock handlebars back on, but before you do cut off the windshield mounting brackets and repaint bars where you cut off brackets. This allows you to keep the height from your riser while allowing you to tilt just the handlebars back enough to keep the brake lever from hitting the windshield.I did this to my 04 renegade with the meduim summit windshield and it looks and works great. The medium summit windshield is tall enough to still provide wind protection to your hands when you do this. By doing this it gives you a 2inch lift plus what ever your riser is. I have a four inch riser and I am 5' 10' and I love where the bars are.

·
Registered
428 Posts
rktsnowrider, do you have any pics? I also have the four inch riser w/ stock bars on my 05 500ss. I have the riser on a bit of an angle back so that trail riding is still comfortable. Right now I have the X windshield & handguards, but I'd like to switch to the medium summit windshield if I can ditch the handguards.

Snowmobile Snow Photograph Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,733 Posts
cdog said:
i have 2005 rev took off mobile windshield added x bars and riser mounted fixed windshield brakelever touches windshield on sharp right hand turns regardless of adjustments any suggestions
[snapback]713793[/snapback]​
In '05 they had the 2 position steering post. The non-X models came with the post in the forward position, the X models came in the rear position. Move your post to the rear position and you should be alright.

·
Super Moderator
29,733 Posts
thedillybar said:
What difference does it make if you angle the riser back or have it straight up but switch to the rear position?
[snapback]745527[/snapback]​
It should lower it little and change the angle a bit too. I'm not saying it will work, but thats how they come out of the factory, and it sure works there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts