Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Poo found a tree well and put us to work for about an hour.

wy_2.jpg

Notice the shovels, snow-bungy on the hood, and the saw hanging in the tree. We had to pull all the tools out for this one...thanks Kenseth. Look Dad you made the world-wide web.
wy_3_2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last one. That's me in Idaho with the WY star valley in the background.

All in all a great trip, snow set-up just enough for the 1-1/4 lug gade to do some good climbing. Only blew one belt at 2000 miles and one missing Y-pipe bolt and three loose ones. Storm's sled had carb vent hose come off and above 8000 ft ran like crap. Went to Star Valley Ski-Doo in Thayn for the bolts and vent hose fixes. They were great and took care of us asap. Our hosts Don and Katherine were extremely hospitable. Don is one hell of a guide! He's been riding these mountains for 35+ years. Thanks again Don. Hope to see you next year.

wy_12.jpg

Attachments

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
gret pics...next time dont forget the locktite

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I'm leaving this friday for wyoming. We are starting at brooks lake for 4 days then we are going to box y for two days three nights. I really like the area by box y. Looks like they have enough snow.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NASTY-REV said:
gret pics...next time dont forget the locktite
[snapback]724768[/snapback]​
thats what i'm goind to be working on now Nasty-rev my sled is an 06 and still under warranty. but i guess if you don't want to have this issue when ridding you need to fix it your self " go figure " i am going to order some of the lock washers that RevBarron recomends sounds like the best fix out there
all the dealers do is relocktite the ones that fall out and tighten the loose ones. and that is no soulution to the problem

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
skippydoo said:
I'm leaving this friday for wyoming. We are starting at brooks lake for 4 days then we are going to box y for two days three nights. I really like the area by box y. Looks like they have enough snow.
[snapback]724836[/snapback]​
yey Skippy they have plenty of snow, that 20ft reading since January was taken by Tim the owner of the Box-Y

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
renegade8 said:
skippydoo said:
yey Skippy they have plenty of snow, that 20ft reading since January was taken by Tim the owner of the Box-Y
[snapback]724859[/snapback]​
Hey Skippy ask them at the Boy-Y were and when the groomer has scedualed to go. all the grooming from that area goes out of the Box-Y. there are so many back country areas to ride out there you mide as well run groomed trails getting to the good untracked ridding areas. Have Fun and be safe, Cheers. Jim

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
skippydoo said:
Skippy were is Brooks Lake?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hey great pics. i am going to Wyoming in 2 weeks. If you had to do it again, would you go with a taller lug track? As of now I am going with my 1 and 1/4 gade track too. Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
waxman said:
hey great pics. i am going to Wyoming in 2 weeks. If you had to do it again, would you go with a taller lug track? As of now I am going with my 1 and 1/4 gade track too. Thanks
[snapback]726235[/snapback]​
waxman, yes a deeper lug track will make a big difference on how high your sled will climb a vertical hill. but you should get away with what you have. what realy makes a big difference is if the snow has a chance to set up, it is usualy warmer in the higher elevations during the day and if the sun is out that helps alot to set snow up also you can see a whole lot better up there with some sun. next year thinking of a rail extension and deep lugs. it sure would be nice to go to the top of every hill you want. and the deeper lug also will increase your breaking when comming back down. don't hold your breakes locked you want to stab them to clean the lugs out then grab them again. and if it's real steep and deep you can lock breacks and slide sidways back and forth like a skiier to keep your speed down. Have Fun

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SkidooSteve12 said:
Sweet pictures!! Looks like you had a great trip. Sure makes the drive worth it with snow conditions like that!

[snapback]726123[/snapback]​
Thats for sure it is well worth the drive, aprox 1450mls each way, we left on a friday morning at 8:00am and arived there at 6:00am saturday morning. had breakfast unloaded our bags, geared up and went hill climbing. it was a 22hr ride in truck.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rev Kev said:
I will be going out to the Snowies in April for the first time, Can't wait, I'm super Geeked. My sled should doo ok, 136x15x2 800 Gade

[snapback]727337[/snapback]​
Rev Kev, did you have to change to a 9 tooth driver to get the 2'' in your gade ? and yes you will get around great with a 2'' paddle. Have Fun!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts