Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cylinder and a head for a 07 500ss. Std bore please 76mm. Does not have to be in excellent condition because it will be bored out. Looking for a nice clean head with no cracks or pitting on the domes.

Thanks,
Jer

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have one off a 2008 TNT 500 SS I will sell you the head & cover for Half of what it cost new plus shipping it has less than 100 miles on it I replaced it with SLP. Head $ 145.00 plus shipping

Speedman

·
Registered
540 Posts
The motor you have the sleeves are cast iron you can bore the cylinders for an oversize piston. Wiseco & other companies make 3 different over sized pistons

If the cylinder is tore up that bad you can have a machineshop install a new sleeve.

Speedman

·
Registered
64 Posts
The motor you have the sleeves are cast iron you can bore the cylinders for an oversize piston. Wiseco & other companies make 3 different over sized pistons

If the cylinder is tore up that bad you can have a machineshop install a new sleeve.

Speedman
What will the cheaper route be? Buying a new (used) cylinder and boring both an even .10 over, or getting a new sleeve installed? Because I will still need to bore my other 'good' cylinder. \

Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wiseco makes a kit with rings Gaskets everything you need if you have a lot of miles on the sled doo both cylinders so you will have the same compression doo it right spend a little more it will pay off later

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ItemID=SK1303&ModelID=2648&ModelYear=2007&AppID=14642

· 2411M07650 - SKI-DOO MXZ600 1999-2001 3012KA

· 3012KA - 3.012 SEMI KEYSTONE RING

· CW20 - ROUND WIRE PIN LOCKS 20MM (PAIR)

· S631 - PIN- 20MM X 60.0MM

· W5717 - TOP END GSKT KIT - SKI DOO 600CC

·

Retail Price:

$366.15

In Stock

Quantity:

· Let me know soon if you want the head or not.

The rod bearing is not included in the kit you will need two of these

$18.09​
Bearing​

You can find kits cheaper if you look around this price is from wiseco's web site.

Speedman

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wiseco makes a kit with rings Gaskets everything you need if you have a lot of miles on the sled doo both cylinders so you will have the same compression doo it right spend a little more it will pay off later

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ItemID=SK1303&ModelID=2648&ModelYear=2007&AppID=14642

· 2411M07650 - SKI-DOO MXZ600 1999-2001 3012KA

· 3012KA - 3.012 SEMI KEYSTONE RING

· CW20 - ROUND WIRE PIN LOCKS 20MM (PAIR)

· S631 - PIN- 20MM X 60.0MM

· W5717 - TOP END GSKT KIT - SKI DOO 600CC

·

Retail Price:

$366.15

In Stock

Quantity:

· Let me know soon if you want the head or not.

The rod bearing is not included in the kit you will need two of these

$18.09​
Bearing​

You can find kits cheaper if you look around this price is from wiseco's web site.

Speedman
Ok thank you sir. I'm going to do a little searching around for pistons. Wiesco pistons are a bit expensive. SPI has a nice .020 over complete kit with rings, bearings, clips, pistons, and top end gasket kit for $210
I will get back to you on the head. I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy who has a good 500ss head for 65$

Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ok thank you sir. I'm going to do a little searching around for pistons. Wiesco pistons are a bit expensive. SPI has a nice .020 over complete kit with rings, bearings, clips, pistons, and top end gasket kit for $210
I will get back to you on the head. I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy who has a good 500ss head for 65$

Thanks
Hi, RemyJ!
I saw your WTB posting on Doo Talk. We do cylinder boring in-house, and stock all sizes of SPI pistons for your motor. All gaskets are in stock, too. Call me or PM me for a quote. We are Hildebrand Marine and Sea Doo Clinic, a Doo Talk sponsor.
If you're interested or have any questions, you can call our shop at 517-238-5955 or e-mail us at [email protected] You can also look up our website at www.seadooclinic.com Let me know if I can hook you up.
Thanks,
Angie
Sea Doo Clinic

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I have a complete 500SS top end. 2 good cylinders with fresh hone. 2 new complete piston kits. (rings, pins,clips and bearings). Complete top end gasket set and a brand new Cudney head.

PM me if interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts