Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the south end of Lake Gogebic, when traveling trail 100, just north of trail 13, OPEN creek!

It about 20 inches across but STEEP sided, cut its way through the trail. My buddy jammed a wrist, sleds ok. Will come up on ya quick when traveling N, if traveling S, you have a bit more time .

At Gogebic Lodge, others said they're calling it "Plastic Creek", I guess there's been a few wrecks.

Be careful out there!

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any "Caution" signs?

I had this happen to me this season. I now carry a long piece of "caution" tape and will grab a broken off tree branch and hang it near the wash-out or whatever.
Now that ya mention it, no.

I only slowed a good distance before because my two group members in front of me had their brakes on, sitting trailside, after they went over it.

Could have been worse for my buddy, said he got on em hard before he got to it.

Trails are....ok. I'm not complaining at all because I'm sooo glad I'm on the ol aluminum horse. Watersmeet groomer/ really have their act together, always have in my 5 seasons of snowmobiling. They work with what snow they have. Honestly, the Gogebic guys gotta get after it, imo. PLENTY of snow to work with, again, imo. I've never groomed though, and I know I know, to sit for a ride with a groomer is on the list. But you would think that a groomer would have hit the RR gade(trail 8) sometime last night. No moguls, but def had not been touched.

Oh well, more trail time tmw, and the to Ishpeming on Wed for a night, then up to Houghton for Thursday night, then back to Bergland for Friday night. On the trailer Sat morning back to IL.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The group I was in also hit this spot , luckily the leader spotted it in time and we were all slowed down before we hit it . Trails in general were pretty thrashed around there . They were better up by Bergland and White Pine . Rode up trail 11 and it was like a fire road with 10+ inches of powder on it .

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
From Saturday through yesterday, Houghton got 30" of snow!! We were up Sunday for the day and the trails were great. We started in Watersmeet and went up to Mass City, Rockland (Henry's for the breakfast buffet!!!!!) then to White Pine, Bergland, down 13 then back to Watersmeet. The only choppy section was from White Pine to Bergland but it wasn't that bad. Thanks to all the groomer operators for keeping them smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Mosinee

·
Registered
83 Posts
Heading up tomorrow night. Was this creek on trail 13 just north of trail intersection 100? Or is the creek on trail 100? We have a novice coming along and would rather avoid this creek.

Can you easily get around it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is ON trail 100, JUST North of 13. 1/4-1/2 mile North of the 100/13 intersection.

As I said in the original post, it is only 20inches or so across, but the sides are sharp,steep. Could be a bit wider now since it's a couple days later? Didn't seem deep. You can Braaap right across.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts