Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
As far as I know, WSA is one of, if not the biggest snowmobile racing sactions out there. As far as I know it is the only one that comes around here to hold an event. Iowa that is. But since I have been on here more and more lately I have come across more and more people talking about how worthless WSA is. I know they havent done a very good job of getting any TV time. And I have heard they are in it just for the money. I heard on another website that this one guys buddy is a regional manager and he ran away with 30-40k last yr. From basically robbing the racers of money. And they are getting people to run races like flagman or any other helpers, from local bars. I have also heard the membership and other racing prices have gone up quite a bit as well.
Well my whole outlook on WSA lately is not looking so good. They are coming to Montezuma, IA Febuary 26,27 for Hillcross. I went to it last yr and thought it was a pretty good time. But I also drank quite a bit. So that might have had some effect on my outlook.
But this yr I was thinking about racing but I am even debating on going now. Just cause I dont want to give in to WSA's bad habits. But I am also thinking that since it is snowmobile racing, I would do almost anything to ride or atleast watch. I am basically just wondering if I am alone here thinking this or if this is a more widespread thing. Any thoughts are welcome here. Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I think you will find millions of negative comments about the WSA. Our regional circuit (Michigan) is experiencing major decline in the Pro classes. The reason is (as you stated) the fees are going up and the pay out is going down.

On the other hand, our circuit has some very top notch volunteer help. Without them, the WSA would be absolutely lost. I guess my only thoughts would be that racing is an imperfect sport. If you decide to get involved, you should accept danger, disorganization and expense before you sign up.

Lastly, if you do race, don't imagine how great the sport could be. This will surely drive you crazy. Focus only on how great you can be.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
For you winers, get involved, don't sit back and bitch, until then enjoy how it is, that's my feelings. I love snowcross racing even though I don't participate but I dream alot, that's all I can do now at my age, and of coarse snowmobile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.