Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 gade 800 (ZX chassis). Dealer gave me 03 Rev belt by mistake. The rev belt is wider. Before I noticed the mistake, I did notice my sled was faster than ever. Does anyone know why this would happen? I am thinking less belt slip, perhaps. What would be the downside? I did notice some wear on my clutch springs when I changed them at 10,000 miles. They stood shorter on the bench than the new ones and there was wear on the 2nd and third coils. I am uncertain if this was caused by the wider belt or is just normal after 10k miles. I ran the Rev belt 2k miles from 8k to 10k miles on the odo. Once I put the proper belt back, the sled was slower again. Any thoughts?...I am thinking of staying with the rev belt but I am nervous of causing future problems.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not sure on and answer but PM dynamojoe, he knows everything about clutching.

·
Registered
377 Posts
GrizzlyGriff said:
I have a 03 gade 800 (ZX chassis). Dealer gave me 03 Rev belt by mistake. The rev belt is wider. Before I noticed the mistake, I did notice my sled was faster than ever. Does anyone know why this would happen? I am thinking less belt slip, perhaps. What would be the downside? I did notice some wear on my clutch springs when I changed them at 10,000 miles. They stood shorter on the bench than the new ones and there was wear on the 2nd and third coils. I am uncertain if this was caused by the wider belt or is just normal after 10k miles. I ran the Rev belt 2k miles from 8k to 10k miles on the odo. Once I put the proper belt back, the sled was slower again. Any thoughts?...I am thinking of staying with the rev belt but I am nervous of causing future problems.
[snapback]725393[/snapback]​
whoa dude, 10 000 is way long over due for clutch spring change's! Yes the new ones should be shorter after that kind of mileage by about 1/4" free standing length.
Give Joe time to respond to you, he's probably at work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.