Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the top end apart on the good old mach, I knew it was a chance that it was a cageless style wrist pin bearing and it was. I have found that wiesco and spi do make a set of caged wrist pins im sure other companys do too. What do you guys reccomend? I dont feel like putt 31 pins back into each top end of the rod. Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lost one on the center hole in mine soon after i bought sled with "rebuilt motor" she had good compression and 2 stock pistons and an spi in the middle hole. it beat the head to death and it only took about 1 second to hit kill at idle in my garage. I still feel fortunate that it was in my shop not out on the trail miles from the cabin.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its right now ! from oil hole mod to new steel caged crank bearings 3 new rods and wiseco forged pistons. New fuel pump and rebuilt carbs and new carb boots. The sled is a money pit as all toys are. I have more in it than the truck and trailer that pull it. I wouldn't sell it even if i could make a profit which i couldn't at this point.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its right now ! from oil hole mod to new steel caged crank bearings 3 new rods and wiseco forged pistons. New fuel pump and rebuilt carbs and new carb boots. The sled is a money pit as all toys are. I have more in it than the truck and trailer that pull it. I wouldn't sell it even if i could make a profit which i couldn't at this point.
I agree, we have too keep these things running good to whoop on some of these new sleds that everyone thinks are so fast! Im glad you got it together, when i took my top end apart for the first time I dropped a good 10 pins into the center of the case, i had a magnet that extended out that i could barley get down in there to get them out. That was my first top end job a few years back, needless to say I learned real quick from that mistake :smile_old:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts