1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Really? All they did was add a thicker seat and different handle bar riser. I'd say the fusion is more rider forward than the new yammies.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks to me like a RX-Ton with a bar riser

·
Registered
618 Posts
at first glance I thought it looked like a firecat. then after further inspection I couldn't tell any difference from whatever they have been building for the last couple years.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Often imitated, never duplicated!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I rode a fusion,the only thing rider forward on that sled is the handle bar! Your still riding just as far back as your last Edge sled.I have always had polaris until this year and they WERE good trail sleds.But times are changing and we now realize that rideing in the middle of the seasaw is better than riding at the end of it.Thay will all catch up eventually but Doo has a big head start.I hope Doo dosent rest on there laurels like Polaris and they should stay were they are.This ring thing is
really going to take some time to shake it off.If the 05,s don,t hold together they can say BYE BYE to alot of new and repeat business regardless of rider forward.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lmao, no I think these new yamahas are a little different from the rx1 ton. They have a fuel injected 150 hp motor with a new chassis. They use the new single shock design on the rear and come with the fox float shocks on front which actually is quite nice , considering yamaha has never been a suspension sled.The rider position is more foward like the rev. I currently work at a Yammy dealer and cant wait to try these babies. My boss is leaving tonight to try them out in N.Y. I'll keep you boys informed, see if they are all what they are talked up to be! They have a long way to go to rid elike a rev but they are getting closer.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
[RoH]r=e=v said:
Lmao, no I think these new yamahas are a little different from the rx1 ton. They have a fuel injected 150 hp motor with a new chassis. They use the new single shock design on the rear and come with the fox float shocks on front which actually is quite nice , considering yamaha has never been a suspension sled.The rider position is more foward like the rev. I currently work at a Yammy dealer and cant wait to try these babies. My boss is leaving tonight to try them out in N.Y. I'll keep you boys informed, see if they are all what they are talked up to be! They have a long way to go to rid elike a rev but they are getting closer.
[snapback]306778[/snapback]​
Yes they are nice but I agree with dyno, they just have thicker seat with riser block bar setup... Motors have never been really a problem for Yamaha, their problem has ALWAYS been what they bolt motor "in" and suspension. As far as Floats go, I had a set and they really sucked on a REV but hey with the heavy front end of Yamaha sleds they just may work OK. To me though, their is NO replacemnt for a REV as they just have the best chassis right now... If they could just design a 145 hp 700 cc that has rings that last more than 1000 miles they would really have something...Doo also needs to address their customer service asit is horrible....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Let's see how they stack up. While they look a bit more rider forward than the older chassis, it's still no REV. Your butt would be on the REV's trunk.

And thanks to REV800 I used your pic as it was a good side shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
"Your butt would be on the REV's trunk." Hmmm, I dont know how you ride but my "edit for bad language" would be a little closer to the yamaha's fuel tank...lol. But your right, you have to give the those asian boys a break, They focus all year on their bikes and quads, they say that sled making is merely fill in time! LOL, at least thats the excuse I got! They'll be along soon. besides who else can claim 150hp or even 140 hp from a four stroke, yeah their heavy, but come on, you wont be rebuilding them every 5000 miles. And trust me, Im on my 15 skidoo rebuild this season and I work at a yamaha dealer, go figure!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sparks said:
Let's see how they stack up. While they look a bit more rider forward than the older chassis, it's still no REV. Your butt would be on the REV's trunk.

[snapback]306957[/snapback]​
They sit 6" more forward than the rxton,handle bars are 6" more forward, seat is 2 1/2 " higher. put up the diagram to a Rt and it really wouldn't be that much different in th sitting position. I think they got something, not great, but very good.
hmmmm, if my revs spend too much more time in the shop, i may go to a 4stroker.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hey Sparks, good work there, nice illustration. Any chance you could do that with an RT? I think Doo might be putting the RT to more use, I hope (more for their sake, not mine) with a beefed up 4-stroker. How bout it?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
irule said:
Sparks said:

They sit 6" more forward than the rxton,handle bars are 6" more forward, seat is 2 1/2 " higher. put up the diagram to a Rt and it really wouldn't be that much different in th sitting position. I think they got something, not great, but very good.
hmmmm, if my revs spend too much more time in the shop, i may go to a 4stroker.
[snapback]307095[/snapback]​
That's why I said it looks like it's better than the old chassis, but not as good as the REV. I too could go for a 4 stroke in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just pointing out that I've heard people here say. "If Yamaha could make a better chassis like the REV I'd switch"

Not saying it's better, but at least they're trying. I think competion is good for everybody. It keeps them honest...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
RX-1 vs RT-X

Looks like the chassis is the same. Seat position, Tank, Toe holds all seems the same.

Looks like the Steering post was moved up only a few inches.

The most significant change seems to be the angle of the bar riser, not even the length. They simply tilted it up kind of like the Fusions bars when they are in "attack" position.

This will make it easier to get your nuts slapped on the tank at least.

With the bars (not the steering) moved up and the seat height it should be slightly easier to stand.

But it's no Rider Foward compared to the REV. On par with the Fusion. Probably a good cruiser.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Sparks said:

Nice work Sparks. That pic really tells the WHOLE story....

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Thanks,

you can really tell just by sitting on them, that's all I needed to buy my REV, one sit. I sat on the Fusion last year, not close. Sat on the IQ440, now that's forward. I don't rule any out just by pictures, but I am slowing down in my old age, maybe a 4 stroke is my future? I doo feel younger when I ride my REV though.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Sparks said:
Thanks,

you can really tell just by sitting on them, that's all I needed to buy my REV, one sit. I sat on the Fusion last year, not close. Sat on the IQ440, now that's forward. I don't rule any out just by pictures, but I am slowing down in my old age, maybe a 4 stroke is my future? I doo feel younger when I ride my REV though.
[snapback]307775[/snapback]​
I didn't think the IQ 440 felt any further forward than a rev with the steering stem in the front holes and the bars straight up. It is the next closest thing to a rev though. Pol needs to re-shape the side pannels some since they don't flow with your shin like the rev does (the fusion has the same problem as the IQ) and your foot hits the chain case if its not in the toe holds right.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts