Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
finally took a mileage reading on the 06...

we rode exactly 200 miles today and the 600 SDI used 9.9 gals of gas-

very pleased... and with that mileage comes much less oil use too!

all of the riding was groomed trail, most of the riding was high speed on-off the throttle constantly-

nice work doo!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm consistently seeing around 20MPG (Canadian gallon). If I take it easy on a groomed trail I can get 24MPG. It's scary how little oil it burns but I've read comments by a couple of guys on here who also burn very little oil and they have lots of miles on their motors, so I'm more relaxed about it now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just got back 20 minutes ago from a 1200 mile ride and two of my friends have 600 SDI's and there is know way you can get 200 miles to 10 gallons of gas. you can get a good 140 miles to a tank and thats it, I don't care who you are enough with the BS tell it the way it really is. Besides I work for BRP and you can't bullsh&% me!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
When my friend and I fill our sleds the other guy will sit on the others bumper and we fill the tanks completely. After going 100 miles indicated on the speedo we have topped them off numerous times and the sleds will only take 5 to 5.5 U.S. gallons, that is 18.18 MPG---------20 MPG.... But the strange thing is my buddy ran out of gas at 143 miles!!! I was just over 147 miles and still cautiously riding to the nearest gas station and I made it.. These figures are all calculated based on hard riding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My 06 500SS consistently gets 18-20mpg cdn, groomed trails, legal speeds. I didn't believe it at first, done the math a dozen times over 800 kilometers, it's right. So I see no reason an SDI driven responsibly couldn't achieve even better.

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
Revking said:
I just got back 20 minutes ago from a 1200 mile ride and two of my friends have 600 SDI's and there is know way you can get 200 miles to 10 gallons of gas. you can get a good 140 miles to a tank and thats it, I don't care who you are enough with the BS tell it the way it really is. Besides I work for BRP and you can't bullsh&% me!!
[snapback]744362[/snapback]​
He probably is telling how it is. He told you he wasnt off trailor anything, ona groomed trail. Your buddy was probably WOT everywhere they went.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
i guess so if you do the math. I know he wasnt driving hard though(and thats a fact) I did a days riding at a CONSTANT 60 mph one day and i hit 19-20 mph. On Hard packed 120 mile run. There was no snow on top of trail at all. it was all HARDPACKED snow (groomed). And i More less was easy to sled with the odd WOT for a few seconds. So i believe if you go 50-60 mph you could get 22 or maybe even higher. But you could never get that by driving hard.But yes i believe it

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Last week I got 15.8mpg with my 800 but it was a medium pace, not on- off the throttle. The SDI with us got close to 18.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Revking said:
Well it all depends on how you ride. My wife has a GSX with SDI and I know she can get a good 170 on a tank of gas and thats a fact. I have a 600 HO carbs and I get 13 mpg with it and when ever I'm getting on empty she always has somewhere around a half a tank left. Like I said it depends on how you ride and what the conditions are like.

·
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it Snow
1,015 Posts
My 800 power tek this past weekend avg 16 and that was with a mixture of minor hill climbing, full throttle lake runs and some pretty hard trail riding along with some scenery gawking riding.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Revking said:
You work for who?
My customers and my father who ride in all types of terrain and styles all on 600sdi sleds all claim 18 to 24 mpg.
Now if you are getting almost all the fuel back out of the tank,that is another
story all together.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only thing that really matters for me is my riding buddy has an '03 800 that freaking moves, but he WILL ALWAYS run out of gas before my '06 600 SDI gader will. In fact the other day he took 9.5 US gallons to my 6.5. That's not the best part, my other riding buddy has an '06 Switchback 600 HO (Very nice) and he also took 9.5 gallons. Now that was comical.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I never get below 17 mpg CD (IMP gal), that's driving on trails, lots of lake running and fast trail riding, for you nonw believers take this

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='Revking' date='Mar 2 2006, 08:29 PM']
[/quot

Revking you are full of it. I don't care who you work for me and all my buddies all have these and we all get 18-23 MPG on a normal basis. Smooth trails 50-60 MPH riding and 200 + miles per day. We usually stop for gas around 170-180 miles and we dont have an empty tank. Do the math. He is correct at 20. Keep in mind if you are one of the idiots (you sound like one of them) that is on off the gas constantly and spinning your track and tearing up the trails all the time you probably only get 14. Also conditions make a big part of it. If you are riding in junk, in warm weather, in loose snow etc your mileage will be down. Good trail riding 20 mpg is doo able and 22/23 is possible on certain days we have done it over and over again. According to you 14 MPG how come six of us can ride 170 miles till we fill up and still take only 9 gals in a 10.6 tank?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts