Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if you guys would recomend a buying a 03' 600ho it has 600 miles and looks mint. Any of your thoughts are appreciated..

·
Registered
597 Posts
cmac670ho said:
Just wondering if you guys would recomend a buying a 03' 600ho it has 600 miles and looks mint. Any of your thoughts are appreciated..
[snapback]719210[/snapback]​
We have 3, 2003 600 HO's in our group. All three have had their rings replaced but other than that they have been very reliable.

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,501 Posts
ive got an 03 600HO zx chassis and the only thing i've had to do is change the rings. other than that its been awesome. i'd recommend it

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I had a renegade, and with the dpm I had no isssues! the 600ho is a great engine and reliable....after about 2500mi you might want to change rings!

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
And they have better shocks.... aluminum mono tube ... which are serviceable vs most of the new 04/06 (discounting the X package) sleds with non serviceable shocks.

Has the Beaver Tail been discarded on it? As previously mentioned rings were the only issue.. but should be replaced every other year so no big deal, replace them with the chrome ones..

They are nice sleds... this from one who owns one...

·
Registered
409 Posts
also check for grease behind the primary clutch, the crank seal is know to push out on these sleds as well, and the rings as stated above. Great sleds though,,, good luck

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a 03 600 HO and haven't had any problems with it. I have close to a 1000 miles on mine and all I have had to do is clean the carbs. I'm not sure why everyone has to replace the rings but, I guess it depends on how you run them too. I have the beaver tail on mine yet and I love it. You don't hardly see any with the beaver tail anymore so to me it's a unique look and since they were only made in 03 they might be of some value some day. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I did not like my 2003 Rev 600 ho. I thought the whole beaver tail issue was a hassle. It looks terrible with the beaver and then the cooling and the strength of the rear isn't as good with the delete kit. It got the worst gas mileage of any sled that I have ever heard of (7 mpg's). Then, the ring issue. IMO- go with a 04 or newer.
-Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
We have one bought it at 1500 mi. Changed the rings ( the old ones weren't that bad but did show some signs of starting to flake) we have really enjoyed the sled so far. We chose to keep stock jetting ,a bit rich but safe. Also did the carb boots and added Vforce reeds. Should be a good sled if it hasn't been thrashed.

·
Registered
326 Posts
looks like most things have been covered
Rings
seal retainer
carb boots
Beaver! to shave or not shave that has been the question here since 03

how you handle your Beaver is a personel choice. Clean shaved or wild and wooly.
It all depends how you ride. (it)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had the ring problems, stater and also put the seal kit on just in case.
I have 12000 miles on my sled. The only thing I do not like is the gas mileage conpaired to the SDI.
Love the sled on the trail, shocks are easy to rebuild. Just update the springs in the front.

·
Registered
163 Posts
3500+ miles on mine, pure stock except for dropping the needles (gas milage is way better)....had the relay go bad (lost lights, gauges) $25 bucks to fix.....other then that, the sleds been trouble free.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
cmac670ho said:
Absolutly! I love mine. Got it with 200 miles on it, and it has about 500 now. I had the carb boot issues, and so far rings are okay. Other than that, its great. The beaver tail makes it different than the other Rev's. It is a gas pig, but if you want to buy an SDI, its a lot more $$$$.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 03 rev 600 h.o and i highly recomend it. i have 2500 miles on it and i havent had to do the rings yet. I recomend that you put a retainer to hold your pto bearing in beside the primary clutch. all 2003 revs do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a 03 Bond 007 edition....Did the rings at 9000 km. Now have 14000km.
A buddy has a 2006 and rode mine and he said that my sled handled better then his....
Never a problem for the beaver tail either.....
Good luck....

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
6,000 miles had the rings changed before warranty expired. They were getting a little low on compression. No other issues! You'll find that 370 main jets and dropping the needle will greatly improve your mpg. There is a thread on how to optimize 600 HO that has a ton of info. I think it's all about the 03?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts