Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What's snow? It's been so long I can't
3,598 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
All the prototypes I've seen say prototype or R&D right on the tunnel.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Yes you can buy R & D sleds, before the dealership can sell them they have to have all of the updated parts installed that were done to the production sled. Northland Recreation up here gets quite a few R & D sleds from BRP that they either refit for sale or they part out. - Bill

·
Registered
272 Posts
My nephew has an 800XPX that the dealer sold him as an 07 early release, didn't believe him at first but confirmed it, it's an 07.

EDIT: I went and looked at the ad and all the pictures are of the MXZ-RS which is an actual 07 Rev not a proto 08 XP chassis

·
Registered
988 Posts
aren't the gauges wrong for an 07? thought only the 06's? had the black gauge faces...

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
looks cool for a prototype or not lol. i would buy it if i was in the market still. steve

·
Back in the game. Again.
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aren't the gauges wrong for an 07? thought only the 06's? had the black gauge faces...
i noticed that as well, maybe if it is a real R&D sled, ski-doo was going to go with the black face gauges on the 07's but changed it last minute and they were originally going to have the 800r in the MXZ X-RS.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
everyone who owns a brp sled is riding an R&D machine....we are all guinea pigs for them dont forget! Dont take that statement as a trash on BRP. heck, I own a few brp sleds! love them all!
ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts