Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone remember a worse riding season in Central and or Northern Pennsylvania than this season? Very frustrating so far. I know we can always get a big storm....but the later it gets the less chance of it lasting very long. In most areas there isn't even a decent base anymore.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Have you gotten enough for trail systems to open

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Sounds like my world last season in SE MN. Only 150 miles on a brand new sled and those miles took a huge toll on my skis and carbides.

This season I may actually get 1000 hard earned local miles. Caveat, I am retired and can get out on weekdays.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I'm less than 500. About half for me

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Some places in Wisconsin are the same. This and last year

·
Registered
441 Posts
0 miles so far!!!! People have been riding New York a couple times and came home disappointed with traffic and spotty snow up there too.

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
I've driven more miles to get to the snow than I have put on the sled once I find it.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I am in western PA and gave up on PA long ago and drive 2 hours to south western NY to ride..... Most every weekend if there is snow.

This year we have driven 75 hours and 6000 miles for two trips to chase the snow.... Wyoming and Quebec. We put on 1550 miles.

We have only put on 450 miles in Chautauqua and Tug Hill.

I thought driving 6 hours to Tug Hill a few times a year or even 10 hours to the UP for an annual trip was a lot any season.

I never thought I would pull a trailer as far as I did this season. But I spring ordered an Enduro 900 and was going to use it one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's been very poor for many.

We finally received 52 cm in a 24 hour period but trails are still closed ???? Went out for the first ride the other night and gave up you could not see the trails at all through the feilds. We didn't want to get the land owners upset running all over the place.

Attachments

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,342 Posts
first year even not being able to ride in vt.bought nh.permits also this year .no go .good thing there is maine ,1700 mile so far .had that on by jan.last year .o well,new gtx 300 ltd on the way ,and after tue. new sleds on order . :wink_old:

·
Registered
224 Posts
We did have some decent ridding in south central Pennsylvania after the 3 foot blizzard.

I live in Harrisburg but prefer to ride in the northcentral region. However, many years because of the storm track, we get more snow and the northern tier gets nothing.

Overall a horrible winter.

·
cool beans
36,903 Posts
We was just starting to ride here in central ME when the rains came and just destroyed the trail's. :cool_old:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
154 mi total on my '16 Freeride all on the week of the blizzard in Pa. Hoping to get up to Quebec before I throw in the towel for the year.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It's been a tough one for sure,only took one short ride from the house this year and that was Monday for 70 miles, but have managed to find snow 3 hrs away and have 4300 miles so far on the sled and 1800 on the truck, headed to far north western Maine for the week on Sun with fingers crossed.

Not once have we had the groomers out, Yeah a lousy year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm in Erie Pa. and we have had about 2 1/2 total weeks combined of riding time here. Lots of snow in a shot or 2 and then a warm up. Roads melt off and cant connect trails once that happens. We have had 50 or so inches this season, but it doesn't stick for long. Pushing 50 tomorrow.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I've driven more miles to get to the snow than I have put on the sled once I find it.
That was me a few years ago

·
Registered
212 Posts
Drove from Ohio to PA yesterday so my wife could get her first solo ride in. We put in a hard 50 miles. Was it worth the 6 hrs truck time no,was it worth the smile on her face yes. It may have been rough riding but at least we got our fix.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts