Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding yesterday w/ the wife. She really likes the doolys for easy steering and zero darting. I prefer Bergstrom triple points so I use those and she uses the doolys. She tells me her sled is pulling to the left and "dragging"... We stop, I drive the sled 50' and it feels like an anchor on the left ski.. I prop up that side of the sled on a snowbank and find the culprit.. She picked up a 1/4" socket wrench in between the carbides!.. I had to pry it out of there with a screwdriver. She said she never saw it but it was wedged in there good.. I should have taken pics but didn't. So if you use the doolys or other dual runner skegs, try not to run over 1/4" drive socket wrenches, they jam in between the carbide runners perfectly. No damage to the doolys though. One guy stopped to help and was like ????? How did THAT happen?? I've read that rocks can get jammed in between the snow tracker carbide and corrector plate but I've never heard of it with doolys until now. Unfortunately the wrench was damaged and not useable but instead of leaving in on the trail for some other poor bastid to run over, I took it home and threw it away

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm not a big fan either but they sure do turn easy and don't dart.. Just don't try and turn on soft snow or plan WAY ahead

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Somebody missing a hat placed it there to sabotage snowmobilers.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
The term " socket wrench " has me baffled.. is it a socket ? a wrench ? a ratcheting wrench ? a ratchet ?... :blink_old:
ratcheting wrench that accepts sockets. It wasn't a craftsman or Snap on... I'm not that lucky. It was a K-mart special

·
going to an island soon
29,920 Posts
Cmon Tic ,Im sure you would've had time to take a pic . You sure this story isn't made up ?!

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, I had time but my wife was already pretty tired of holding the sled up on one ski and I would have had to lay on my back and get the camera under the ski to get a pic. Her suggestion, instead of holding the sled up on one ski was to take the ski off. Then for sure I would have had time. LOL

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,000 Posts
You never know what you'll find on the trails.

A couple years ago my left ski started dragging and throwing snow everywhere while on a railbed trail. I stopped and found a stone stuck to the front of my Shaper bar. The front edge of the carbide somehow cut into the stone or wedged in a groove in the stone and it stuck there. Had to wiggle it a few times to get it to break free. :lol:

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another PWing thread. Are you trying to set record a record for new posts?
. Is there a specific number of new posts one should make before being over that number makes it unacceptable?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts