Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 2351 miles on a new problem
Every so often it will run like its fouled a plug won't rev ect.
But upon looking at speedo the engine light flashes
Shut the sled off restart runs fine
Did this several times this weekend

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've only got 30 miles on my sled but have had the engine light thing happen to me twice (once was on stand adjusting track). I turn the machine off of a minute, turn it back on and the light does not come on. I didn't notice any performance issues though.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
xtremeBoutch said:
Check the electric plug on the air box
[snapback]271881[/snapback]​
I'll check it again
But i think that its fuel related
The raw fuel burns your eyes when it happens

·
Registered
168 Posts
WHEN THE SLED STARTS , THE COMPUTER MUST BE ABLE TO CHECK ALL PERAMETERS BEFORE GIVING A "SYSTEMS GO , SIGNAL "
IF YOU REV THE ENGINE OR PULL AWAY BEFORE IT SEE'S THESE VALUVE IT WILL AUTOMATICLY GO INTO LIMP MODE , AND SHOW A CHECK ENGINE LITE !

JUST WAITE AFTER START UP UNTIL ENGINE LITE GOES OUT ( LAST IN SEQUENCE OF ALL DASH MOVEMENTS AFTER START UP , THEN GO , ALL IS GOOD !

IF YOU GET THE CHECK ENGINE LITE FROM BEING TOO FAST , SHUT OFF LET IT CYCLE , ALL IS GOOD TO GO !!

·
Registered
188 Posts
The two times it happened to me, the first it was on the track stand. I always let it warm up a few minutes. The second time, I was riding a bit before it came on. Can the dealer tell why by downloading it to his computer?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Blinkster said:
The two times it happened to me, the first it was on the track stand. I always let it warm up a few minutes. The second time, I was riding a bit before it came on. Can the dealer tell why by downloading it to his computer?
[snapback]272765[/snapback]​
Yes, he can check the fault codes history and may be able to narrow down what to look for. Most likely it is the temp sensor on the motor or the connector leading to it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine did that at about the 5 mile mark when it was new. Warmed it up, ran it down the trail a few miles and then started to punch it from corner to corner up to about 80-85. After a min the thing bogged and wouldn't pull cleanly, sputtering, and wouldn't pull much past 60. Stayed like this for about 5 more miles. I stopped, let it idle for 30 seconds or so, and the light stopped falshing and it ran fine ever since, other than plug fouling issue. Dealer told me 0% of time in "limp mode" when they scanned it at about 180 miles. Not sure what, but it sound just like what yours was doing. You try changing the plugs for the hell of it? Might be a high RPM mis-fire? Probably not, but worth trying, I'm guessing it's sensor or injector related because it throws the "check engine" light on. Check to see if your injector plugs are tight. They have a limp mode that kicks in if one injector plugs and it will run on the second one to get you home. I'm not sure if they store codes like cars do after an issue. OBDII would be nice so we could scan them at home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.