Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
you aren't going to get any performance gains from a can, if you just want to make some more noise you can make one your self if you can weld decent, this is the cheapest way, (which is what i did for my rs), or you can buy a J* fab can they make some noise, j&t , jaws, if it fits a xp sled, it will work on the rs

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you aren't going to get any performance gains from a can, if you just want to make some more noise you can make one your self if you can weld decent, this is the cheapest way, (which is what i did for my rs), or you can buy a J* fab can they make some noise, j&t , jaws, if it fits a xp sled, it will work on the rs
On Both my old ski-doo and new polairs i have noticeed in the bootom end with a can it feels more peppy and revs out faster.

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts
On Both my old ski-doo and new polairs i have noticeed in the bootom end with a can it feels more peppy and revs out faster.
Wrong. The noise gives the effect that it is snappier and faster revving. Cans on stock sleds ( especially stock race sleds ) show real world power LOSSES! If you're looking for power as well as noise, twin pipes are the only way to go.

And if you want real proof. My Fusion 900 with a dynoport can ( and thats it ) topped out on hardpack at 116 on the speedo. 25 minutes later, same stretch, still perfectly groomed with a stock can, temperature almost exactly the same. 118 on the speedo. I tested both numerous times to make sure the outcome was stock can = faster. Which it was.

Don't let the websites fool you by saying +3hp. Yes, that may be true, but look at the dyno sheets and know what else was done to the sled. One website ( not entirely sure. may have been mbrp or jaws ) said that the Rev 600 showed a 2-3hp increase. The dynosheet said "With minor porting and v-force reeds )

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
If you want loud with performance gains get some twin pipes, don't bother with a can.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
or you can keep it quieter and ride it as a trail sled and have fun lol. drill out the baffles if you want some noise. lol. steve

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
I just removed my whole pipe setup, y pipe and all and it seemed more peppy and revs out quicker.
only way to go! making the working man proud with stuff like this ^^^ being said. I bet you gained some major hp with that. it is the next best thing to stickers all over your machine lol. steve

·
Registered
575 Posts
only way to go! making the working man proud with stuff like this ^^^ being said. I bet you gained some major hp with that. it is the next best thing to stickers all over your machine lol. steve
especially the Monster ones, + 5 hp per sticker!

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
too much to even measure on a dyno! steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts