Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put 300 miles on a set of Wiseco pro lites and for no reason one stuck at 40 miles per hour after a 15 min. warm up and 10 min. ride no w.o.t. either any idea ? noticed that it also cracked my cylinder between the booster port and the exhaust port the cylinder was repaired for a crack before and re plated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Could be a number of things. Running lean, lacking oil/fuel from a number of things vac leak/carb/fuel problems. But it sounds like the problem exists in the sizes, Did you check the clearances before assembeling? Was the piston/rings matched from a machine shop(not just one cylinder , but both)? Was the piston/rings oversized? What does the piston/rings look like now. And what about the dome of the piston/head/spark plug. Are there any breaks in the ring/piston?What oil was being used in the breakin stage, did you mix fuel and oil aswell as injection? From this maybe we could determine the problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the series 3 engine runs lean on the mid range. I have seen a few squeak from mid range lean issues. Here are some things to look at. Air leaks, oil issues, over heat, dirty carbs. To lean. sucking fluffy snow into the carbs. The stock pistons are cast not forged like the wiscos so they expand less. The wiscos expand more. Plus stock doo pistons are very loose so if there is a issue it will take more without locking up. But the stock pistons suck and the piston skirt can brake becaue it is so sloppy. And the rings a crappy. After cheaking everything and fixing it I would turn up your oil pump. Make sure the tolerances are right because wiscos are touchy that way. and lower the clip on your needle which will raise the needle up to give you more gas on mid range. some time if there is a oil issue the piston will grab one side forcing it to tilt in the cylinder which puts a lot of presure on the oposite side cracking the cylinder. My 827 did this. Anyway Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Hey Daren! If you can post a pic of that here. I'd really like to see that. Sometimes I do engine failure investigations so I'd like to have a look.

Jamie

Darren71 said:
put 300 miles on a set of Wiseco pro lites and for no reason one stuck at 40 miles per hour after a 15 min. warm up and 10 min. ride no w.o.t. either any idea ? noticed that it also cracked my cylinder between the booster port and the exhaust port the cylinder was repaired for a crack before and re plated.
[snapback]306086[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts