Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on my 1972 ski doo tnt, note(engine is a 1979) there is a pic of the engine:
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive air manifold

you can see the coils have a black rubber cap on top with a yellow wire coming out of that leads into one connection right below the rubber intake boot in the pic. Now is that my power source and i run my speedo light bulb, tach,rear and front lights off of? You can also see that black box to the left of the recoil do wires plug under there and if so how do you hook them into the box?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
1972 T said:
Ok, on my 1972 ski doo tnt, note(engine is a 1979) there is a pic of the engine:
View attachment 46178

you can see the coils have a black rubber cap on top with a yellow wire coming out of that leads into one connection right below the rubber intake boot in the pic. Now is that my power source and i run my speedo light bulb, tach,rear and front lights off of? You can also see that black box to the left of the recoil do wires plug under there and if so how do you hook them into the box?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Thanks
[snapback]695411[/snapback]​
To connect your lights and such,you need to use the yellow wires in the black connector along your recoil.Im not sure your tach will work because the original'72 has different wiring installatio from the engine,your newer engine has two wires from the lighting coil and '72 has only one.I include a wiring diagram that is almost the same as you need.
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Falls/57...340fcwiring.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts