Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched everywhere, maybe I did not use the right phrase. I cannot find a way to wire the Four Barr LED strip. I found what wire does what, but now my (!) brake light is staying on. I found one saying that I should use an 8 ohm 20 watt resistor. I wired that in line with power, didn't get rid of the light, wired in line with negative, didn't get rid of the light. Then I found a car website that said to wire the resister on both the power and ground... The resistor got really hot, but did not get rid of the light.

Anyone have any experience with this, am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If your (!) on the dash is on, double check that your DESS is on tight. Remember it also comes on when you hit the brake lever so check that your park break isn't on and double check that the plunger that is the light switch at the lever isn't stuck.
Mine got stuck last winter after the dealer serviced my sled and brought it back outside where the melted water then froze in there causing it to stay on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Make sure your LED strip has the brake light function. If it is just a normal LED light, it may do something strange like what you're describing. All the LED brake lights I've ever installed never needed a resistor, just plug and play.

·
Premium Member
13,393 Posts
Make sure your LED strip has the brake light function. If it is just a normal LED light, it may do something strange like what you're describing. All the LED brake lights I've ever installed never needed a resistor, just plug and play.
X2, I wired 2 bars with no resistor and they worked perfect.

·
Master of getting stuck
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, maybe I got a crap bar... It has the three wires. I took off my stock set up and ran it without a brake and I never noticed the light. I don't have the parking brake on, and never leave it on for extended periods of time to ensure it does not get stuck.

When I wire it up, three of the lights stay really bright and you can see it light up a little more when I press the brake. The others have a noticeable difference from running light to brake light. The worst part is, when I was installing it on my flap I screwed up the mounting holes so I'm sure if I try to get a new one that is going to be a problem... I'm going to send the company an e-mail in hopes they will help me out...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts