Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ski-doo wins! again! god it feels good to see the rev succeed once agian. congrats to Blair. close race.

·
Registered
176 Posts
800revX said:
snoxer said:
ski-doo wins! again! god it feels good to see the rev succeed once agian. congrats to Blair. close race.
[snapback]294584[/snapback]​
WHAT A RACE

[snapback]294585[/snapback]​
i missed the whole race due to work, is there any way that i can see the race, will they be airing it again?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Still have to props to Hibbert. Races once a year and hangs right in there. Shows how much talent that kid has! Glad SD paid Morgan what he wanted quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
709 Posts
High lights will be on ESPN 2 at 1am Wednesday morning and on ESPN at Noon on Wednesday all time are Central Standard Times. Check you local listings!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
SNOXER, Did you hear that there would be no hillcross? I thought I missed it, Wonder why they cut that out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
A 6 lap final? give me a break, those are for heats/qualifiers! not finals!

Morgan got the holeshot, Hibbert chased him down, a few more laps Tucker would have passed Morgan for sure.

6 laps does not do any real justice to who the fastest rider is. For the past two years the rider who got the holeshot has won, why? Because the race is too short for the riders higher skill level to come into play to get into the lead from say a midpack start on a 6 lap race! If it was a 10-12 lap final I think the results would have been much different, mainly IMO Tucker would have taken Morgan for the gold.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
waxman said:
SNOXER, Did you hear that there would be no hillcross? I thought I missed it, Wonder why they cut that out.
[snapback]294618[/snapback]​
pretty sure they axed it for this year. I personally liked it, although it is not as exciting as sno-x and i'm sure that it took a hit in ratings when it did air. Its too bad, I thought it was cool to see some long trackers rip "edit for bad language" up the mountain like that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Davey_Boy said:
A 6 lap final? give me a break, those are for heats/qualifiers! not finals!

Morgan got the holeshot, Hibbert chased him down, a few more laps Tucker would have passed Morgan for sure.

6 laps does not do any real justice to who the fastest rider is. For the past two years the rider who got the holeshot has won, why? Because the race is too short for the riders higher skill level to come into play to get into the lead from say a midpack start on a 6 lap race! If it was a 10-12 lap final I think the results would have been much different, mainly IMO Tucker would have taken Morgan for the gold.
[snapback]294620[/snapback]​
as much as I hate to admit it. You are right, I think it would've only taken him 1-2 more laps. Tucker was smooth as hell except for that mess up in the woops. I think they keep it short for the fact that only us sledders wanlt to see the long races. When somebody in Orange County, CA is watching it and has never even seen a sled. They most likely have a shorter attention span w/ the sleds. I thought it would be atleast a 8-10 lap final.

·
Registered
205 Posts
They had no hillcross because the folks who schedule the event have a list that is larger than airtime will allow. This year our hillcross got screwed. But they will be back next year!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with you guys a 6 lap final *%@? Every single supercross race I have ever gone to has never ever had a 6 lap final!!! I agree Tucker might have taken Morgan in the end but IMO I think Tucker was a bit squirly riding......yeah he might have been fast but there is a difference between fast and smooth and fast like Morgan showed tonight. He just looked like he was doing whatever it took to win which is understandable, however he just looked like a loose canon. I don't know I say all this but you do have to look at that the kid only races once a year! LOL

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
02800mxzx said:
I agree with you guys a 6 lap final *%@? Every single supercross race I have ever gone to has never ever had a 6 lap final!!! I agree Tucker might have taken Morgan in the end but IMO I think Tucker was a bit squirly riding......yeah he might have been fast but there is a difference between fast and smooth and fast like Morgan showed tonight. He just looked like he was doing whatever it took to win which is understandable, however he just looked like a loose canon. I don't know I say all this but you do have to look at that the kid only races once a year! LOL
[snapback]294643[/snapback]​
Both are professional mot-x racers(or atleast blairs a pro), and it shows. Most racers train with bikes in the off season. But the fastest/smoothest riders in sno-x seem to be full time bike racers as well. They have so much more of an advantage as they keep there mind and body sharp in the "off" season.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts