Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to a number of snow cross races this site was the absolute best, located in a baseball stadium, 20 feet from the track, you could see without obstruction anyware on the track, the racing was great, the track real knarly, no one got hurt, Cat officals "edit for bad language" off in the semi open because of a little bump and run, that Cat driver should be issued with mirrors because his neck got sore, the Skidoo was coming.

I hope every thing works out for the good because I sure would like to see further races there, here's hoping. The crowd was a little low, about 8000 for the weekend but she was a cold one, -15 C with a good breeze, south on Saturday, north on Sunday, I guess the big guy was testing us.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
I went saturday.. While it was entertaining, I found myself slightly bored. The stock race at the end of the day was the most exciting race of the whole day. My husband and his friend said Last year at the downs was far better show then this year. However it was my first snowcross and It was fun to watch. Just wish for a little more excitement...
We were thinking maybe it would have been better to go on the sunday rather then the saturday. Would have been more people fighting like crazy to win.

We sure got a laugh out of the celebrity race though.

And yea it was silly cold with the windchill out there!

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Just a couple. And they are at home in my camera..... Might be able to get some on tonight.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The track was short but I thought it was well built for the area they had to work with...all the action was visible to the crowd. The table top was in the middle of the track, furthest from the crowd, but the biggest air doesn't come from the table top anyways. The landing for the triple got really pounded out because of how loose the snow was, but the guys who ride really smooth still shone (shined?). Studs only help when there's some hardpacked secitons...the fake snow was loose and light (and plentiful) all day.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
benz88 said:
the fake snow is loose like said, i wasnt there but i heard it was bad as they couldnt stop spinning(sp)
[snapback]737488[/snapback]​
You need fake snow when you a fake rubber track silly. Go buy a ticket next time and support snowmobile racing cause if you don't your next sled will be something like an Olympic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts