Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of changing my new Rev X windshield to a mid height or summit windshield. Does anyone have pics of 06's with other windshields. The low stock one looks like it's going to be alittle cold when it's below 0 in canada. I would like to be able to switch back to the short one on warmer days.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ultrastryk said:
I am thinking of changing my new Rev X windshield to a mid height or summit windshield. Does anyone have pics of 06's with other windshields. The low stock one looks like it's going to be alittle cold when it's below 0 in canada. I would like to be able to switch back to the short one on warmer days.

Thanks
[snapback]698651[/snapback]​
Here is the '06 fixed on my gade. Added the stock decal.
Snowmobile Snow Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

The fixed mid height requires larger holes with grommets and plastic pins (kit) and you need to drill the clear(yellow) deflectors for the lower 2 mounting points. If you install pins on the stock X shield it will pop right in for times when you want to swap it back. I bought clear(white) deflectors and drilled them for the mid height windshield. When I put the short one back I have the yellow ones without holes to use.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a 06 mxzx with the summit bar riser(2.5' taller than 4.5 one which makes it 7").I pit on the stock summit wind sheild,Worked great.You have to buy the windshield kit also for the x sled.It also has the parts for the stock windsheild so you can change them real easy.Then just put on your hand grards.

·
aka DooNut.
1,623 Posts
here's one

·
Registered
52 Posts
Purchased a summit mid X windshield 517303556. Ordered it from the 2006 catalogue as it is discontinued in 2007. Both support holes are kinda funny. One is heart shaped and the other is oval. Dealer says they all look like that. Can anyone who purchased a summit mid windshield confirm or is bombi trying to get rid of old damaged stock on me. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Muskoka_smurf said:
Purchased a summit mid X windshield 517303556. Ordered it from the 2006 catalogue as it is discontinued in 2007. Both support holes are kinda funny. One is heart shaped and the other is oval. Dealer says they all look like that. Can anyone who purchased a summit mid windshield confirm or is bombi trying to get rid of old damaged stock on me. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how.
[snapback]790541[/snapback]​
That's the way mine was and it worked fine!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.