Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has put a taller windshield on a new X-package sled and which one. I am thinking of picking up the medium windshield and air deflectors like those on the Blizzard and other models but wasn't sure if the handguards will clear. The X does have a higher riser so hoping it is okay. I like the short windshield but looking for something to block a little more wind on those cold mornings in Quebec.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
For long rides at high speed need a high shield the 13.5 is not enough IMHO, at 5'11 need at least the 18

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
The higher windshields create a wind buffeting around your helmet. If you travel long distances at moderately high speeds, be prepared for a sore neck.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
the 18 is a good pick, the 20 is not a good shield, it's sloped back too far so the bars hit it, the 24 works good but it's almost too big imo.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have the Med with side deflectors on mine and like it a lot but I ride mostly woods trails in wi. It's better than stock but I still get wind in the helmet but I can duck out of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has put a taller windshield on a new X-package sled and which one. I am thinking of picking up the medium windshield and air deflectors like those on the Blizzard and other models but wasn't sure if the handguards will clear. The X does have a higher riser so hoping it is okay. I like the short windshield but looking for something to block a little more wind on those cold mornings in Quebec.
I put on the 16" too. had to ditch the "hand guards" and the side wind deflectors to do it.

Due to low-snow, I've only put about about 20 miles on it, but it seems to work ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts