Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Maybe the lineups will be limited or condensed with known parts being available. Tough enough trying to manufacture 2022 when all these orders are delayed with n.a. /different/missing/pre-set….parts. Why stick their neck out with something new that isn’t available?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
More colors on the existing models would be fine with me. I saw a blue/orange BCX in person and it looked sweet. Why not offer it on an MXZ?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Doo will probably just doo band- aid fixes for 2023, especially on the mountain sleds.

Look at the 2022s. Doo put a 34 inch front end on the Expert, which was kinda useless without narrowing the body panels or running boards. I predict they may at least narrow the rest of the sled a bit to match the narrower front end.

Band aids, not major changes. And for sure, still no LED headlights! Doo must have an allergy to LEDs and decent gauges.

Oh, and Doo will probably cut the warranty again for spring order sleds. So lame they cut it from 4 to 3 years.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It really chaps my ass that Skidoo doesn’t stay consistent with yellow in the lineup. I’ve not yet had a yellow Skidoo(should have in 2020, but got a 900t that year in black again). I hesitated on going to a 2 stroke after being on 3 different 1200’s since 2011. I’m not totally a fan of the color schemes as of late and black is getting boring to me. IF I am to buy this next season, I hope they give me a reason to finally have my first yellow machine, I’ve been with Skidoo since 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For those in other regions of the world

"chaps my ass"..........Sometimes it was "Chaffs the crack of my ass." It may have originated with saddle jargon but hemorrhoids and farm equipment kept the expression alive in places where horses and saddles were a thing of the past. And, it was used metaphorically as well as literally.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
I you look back the last 15 years they seem to release a new different chassis about every 5.5 /6 years including the Great Recession years beginning in late 2008 . With all that is going on and the lack of available parts etc I'm betting on some refinements of what they are trying to produce now in a horrible manufacturing environment. We'll see with rising inflation etc what happens to demand. If things move in a positive direction and throw a good winter on top of that everything can change quickly.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I think that's what they did for this year, the 2022s were probably supposed to have the fresh plastic / new look.
I think that’s a bit of a stretch, 2022 saw a lot of significant new offerings from skidoo; smart shocks, 900r, lynx, Mach, etc. None is that is stuff that that looks like a backup plan due to pushing back g5

polaris and arctic cat 2022 offerings on the other hand, could be mistaken for backup plans

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is ridiculous

Can we get the 22’s first?

The reveal is only 4 months away if they stick to the regular schedule. In a normal year most would already have their sleds by now.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think that’s a bit of a stretch, 2022 saw a lot of significant new offerings from skidoo; smart shocks, 900r, lynx, Mach, etc. None is that is stuff that that looks like a backup plan due to pushing back g5

polaris and arctic cat 2022 offerings on the other hand, could be mistaken for backup plans
Maybe the clock is broke?

03 Rev
08 XP
13 XS
17 G4
22 ???

They've been pretty consistent, about every 5 years coming with either an all new chassis or at least some fresh plastic IE 2013 XS.

·
Registered
716 Posts
For those in other regions of the world

"chaps my ass"..........Sometimes it was "Chaffs the crack of my ass." It may have originated with saddle jargon but hemorrhoids and farm equipment kept the expression alive in places where horses and saddles were a thing of the past. And, it was used metaphorically as well as literally.
Not sure if your mocking me or agreeing with me here. Sarcasm is tough to read.

·
Ford hater
20,550 Posts

900r is just a 900 turbo with a higher hp tune

Lynx is an already in production sled across the pond…

Mach. Just a pile of part for the jones’s to buy and sit at a bar and brag

Smart shocks… wow…. Just going to be expensive as can be to get setup correctly as they will be way to soft for the idiots that buy an xrs to go touring on

You won’t see a new sled to maybe 2024 model year, they can’t get parts as it is. And you want them to retool a whole plant during this

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
^^^ Sport plus is supposedly excrement brick stiff. Set-up? Just toggle a switch. If they ride as good as they say I don’t care if there’s upkeep / expense in involved.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Not sure if your mocking me or agreeing with me here. Sarcasm is tough to read.

Neither...............This website is accessed by people from many areas of the world and many phrases or sayings are unique to a specific region. How did these originate gives insight to their meaning and intent and why they are used.
No sarcasm intended.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Neither...............This website is accessed by people from many areas of the world and many phrases or sayings are unique to a specific region. How did these originate gives insight to their meaning and intent and why they are used.
No sarcasm intended.
Ok. Didn’t mean to offend anyone by it either. The way I said it is a loose term here by me.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts