Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder if they're going to push back the 23 release date? I'm sure it would suck for guys getting their sleds in Feb and then a week or two later they release the 23s with some big update.

I know BNG & Covid this and Covid that, but the same guys said the same thing about the 22s and look at all the new stuff we got. Ski-Doo DOES NOT stand still. I'm expecting at least a fresh look (plastics / headlight combo), maybe even some goodies from the race sled (tall spindles / steering assist). And if not an all new motor, maybe a tweaked one like they did with the 900 Turbo this year. I'm thinking something to bump up the 600R now that Polaris has the 650. Wishful thinking I know but I'd be surprised if at least one of them didn't come true.

I know one thing, despite WTB ads I'm definitely holding onto the 600 ACE just in case it's the same story next year.

On a side note, some folks do know things in advance. Back in early Feb of 2016 a guy told me trail side to hold off unit the 2017s are released. He said new chassis & motor were coming. I should've got his name & number....LOL

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,798 Posts
Is I the right time to retool a plant? Plastics would be easy but we can't even get some of those. I think all the motors stay the same. Maybe they limit SS and guage orders until the chip shortage is controlled. I plan to drop down from an 850 back to the 600 but, I may do nothing if all remains the same.

·
Super Moderator
29,494 Posts
I'd like to see an early release. My 22 might be my last new sled though, the prices are getting ridiculous for the amount I can ride.
I normally trade every year or 2. The way things are going now I may bump that up to 3-4, maybe even 5 years.
Who knows, now I'm retired I may end up riding less and chasing warm weather.

Nahh, that's just foolish talk. Pretty dumb on my part. Where's the headbang emoji when I need it.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I would not be surprised if 2023 announcements are nothing more than BNG. In the industry I work, quotes to support new product development are way down. When talking to customers (across all industry segments), they are saying that they are so focused on meeting current product demand and dealing with supply chain issues that new product development projects are currently on the back burner.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I cannot see BRP or anyone OEM doing anything brand new from the ground up. At best, we might see some body work updates but the guts of the machine will be the same. Its just too risky with the current supply chain issues. Ask any Ford dealer how well the all new Bronco launch has been going. They are 2 years behind getting that vehicle to market because of supplier issues.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking Doo's response to Poo's new 650 will be a mid-season 22.5 or a 23 early release. Not an all new engine, just a 600R 2.0 with a few tweaks to add around 5-7 HP. The stock race sled is 150 so 138-140 should be no problem on the consumer model.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bold new graphics
All the colors of the rainbow especially black and NO yellow to be found. Oh yeah, word is no LED headlights due to ongoing deepening chip shortage. Instead of halogens they will be incandescent. Maybe the chip shortage and lack of yellow is related.

·
Registered
716 Posts
All the colors of the rainbow especially black and NO yellow to be found. Oh yeah, word is no LED headlights due to ongoing deepening chip shortage. Instead of halogens they will be incandescent. Maybe the chip shortage and lack of yellow is related.
It really chaps my ass that Skidoo doesn’t stay consistent with yellow in the lineup. I’ve not yet had a yellow Skidoo(should have in 2020, but got a 900t that year in black again). I hesitated on going to a 2 stroke after being on 3 different 1200’s since 2011. I’m not totally a fan of the color schemes as of late and black is getting boring to me. IF I am to buy this next season, I hope they give me a reason to finally have my first yellow machine, I’ve been with Skidoo since 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ I purposely avoided the yellow when I made the switch, my first Doo was an 04 Rev (blue & silver). My 2018 is the first " mustard bucket " I've owned.

·
Registered
716 Posts
yellow and black is skidoo
As a combo yes, but black all on its own gets old too. I don’t want to wrap any either, not when you already paid $15,000 or whatever it is. All brands have black, just wish with Skidoo that yellow was still a #1 option in the MXZ/Renegade lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2023 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR with Competition Package
1,050 Posts
I would not be surprised if 2023 announcements are nothing more than BNG. In the industry I work, quotes to support new product development are way down. When talking to customers (across all industry segments), they are saying that they are so focused on meeting current product demand and dealing with supply chain issues that new product development projects are currently on the back burner.
^This is what I am thinking as well. I suppose there is a chance they had something in the pipeline and are able to get it to market in time, maybe at limited capacity. If anything I could see them cutting something they had planned or pushing it off for another year due to supply chain and labor force issues. I would be really surprised if we see any "early" releases, but I suppose it is possible.

People have to understand that MY 2023 is already a done deal and the magazine shoots and press events are usually mid-December-ish where they have near final product pre-production prototypes there. Look at the build dates on the show sleds; it is usually October of the prior year - most of the 2022 display sleds at Hay Days were built 10/2020, some even 08/2020, IIRC.

They probably have some new LinQ accessories in the works and we might see some "new" packages that they created out of existing parts - like they did with the "Competition Package".

Reactions: RAB123

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't see anyone making big changes with the supply chain as messed up as it is and no sign of it getting better in the foreseeable future. The manufacturers should keep it simple for a while and stay within whatever they know their limits for production are and they can reasonably predict to meet. The last thing they would want is to come out with something new that they can't come near meeting the demand for. Especially after this year.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^This is what I am thinking as well. I suppose there is a chance they had something in the pipeline and are able to get it to market in time, maybe at limited capacity. If anything I could see them cutting something they had planned or pushing it off for another year due to supply chain and labor force issues. I would be really surprised if we see any "early" releases, but I suppose it is possible.

People have to understand that MY 2023 is already a done deal and the magazine shoots and press events are usually mid-December-ish where they have near final product pre-production prototypes there. Look at the build dates on the show sleds; it is usually October of the prior year - most of the 2022 display sleds at Hay Days were built 10/2020, some even 08/2020, IIRC.

They probably have some new LinQ accessories in the works and we might see some "new" packages that they created out of existing parts - like they did with the "Competition Package".
I think that's what they did for this year, the 2022s were probably supposed to have the fresh plastic / new look.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ Probably, I was thinking more like a tune and the boost injectors and keeping it a 600 just to embarrass Polaris. It would just be funny if Doo's 600 swapped wins with Poo's 650.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts