Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I had some BS issues with my 2003 MXZ REV800 Trail sled that (THANK GOD) I found before the winter season hit here in Michigan. I just had my top end rebuilt before last years season because of the faulty rings that came in the 800 engines when they first came out. I wanted to avoid having to buy new cylinders and all this other crap if the rings decided to go!! Well somewhere at sometime something went wrong with the installation, my sled lasted all season but I could tell something was very wrong by the end of the snow.

Now I need to buy a new cylinder and piston kit. I already purchased the SK1319 Wiseco Pro-Lite Complete Dual Ring Piston, Caged Bearings & Gasket kit for my sled now all I need is one cylinder. My question is regarding the years like the topic says. I have a guy that says he has a brand new cylinder that will work for my sled but the part number is different for the 04-06 REV800's than it is for the 03 REV800's.

Here is what he say's:
"Yes I am 100% sure this will work for you. In 2003 they used a non ho bottom end with an HO top end. They used a different casting # that is it. All ports, bore size, deck height is all the same. I have used both cylinders on both 2003, and newer engines and have had 0 problems."

It sounds like I shouldnt have any problems!?!?!?! Does anyone else have any input I can make a decision off of?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey guys I had some BS issues with my 2003 MXZ REV800 Trail sled that (THANK GOD) I found before the winter season hit here in Michigan. I just had my top end rebuilt before last years season because of the faulty rings that came in the 800 engines when they first came out. I wanted to avoid having to buy new cylinders and all this other crap if the rings decided to go!! Well somewhere at sometime something went wrong with the installation, my sled lasted all season but I could tell something was very wrong by the end of the snow.

Now I need to buy a new cylinder and piston kit. I already purchased the SK1319 Wiseco Pro-Lite Complete Dual Ring Piston, Caged Bearings & Gasket kit for my sled now all I need is one cylinder. My question is regarding the years like the topic says. I have a guy that says he has a brand new cylinder that will work for my sled but the part number is different for the 04-06 REV800's than it is for the 03 REV800's.

Here is what he say's:
"Yes I am 100% sure this will work for you. In 2003 they used a non ho bottom end with an HO top end. They used a different casting # that is it. All ports, bore size, deck height is all the same. I have used both cylinders on both 2003, and newer engines and have had 0 problems."

It sounds like I shouldnt have any problems!?!?!?! Does anyone else have any input I can make a decision off of?
Don't think your buddy is right the 04 HO cylindes have different port timing i believe so don't think you can mix the 2.

·
Registered
138 Posts
he's right, ho and non ho cylinders can't be mixed. you need two of the same. If you have the part number of your cylinder and his part number. call your dealer and see if either of the numbers change up to the other or the same one. My guess is they're different and you need to keep hunting.

·
No more sled
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have done it put an 852 HO cylinder on an 2003 Rev 800 that belongs to a customer of mine and its works great 3000 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts