Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tuner shop just called me and said they have received an SLP CAN for 800 REV, nobody clamed yet and they are ready to sell it to me at the discount price like $200....

I dont want to loose any TOP Speed or Performance my sled has right NOW...

With Joe's S8X kit it runs faaast to 8.200 rpms and TOP speed with 1.75 track is 111 mph on a speedo...

Is SLP CAN any good??? Many people told me stock is best...Will SLP help my perfomance...

I need real honest advice form the people who used SLP cans or other Cans...and what you think of them...

What do our tuners run and board sponsors ??? Need a professional advice...

I ride at sea level and SLP can only looses 7 pounds!!!

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Not too sure, but my guess is its not worth the added noise. I was wondering however- was it you that couldnt get your sled running last week? Just wondered what you found.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it was ME...

The probLEM was with the connectors where the sensors near starter...They'be got a bit wet and burned...Removed it...put the wires together without connectors and sealed...That was IT...
...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
ded moroz said:
My tuner shop just called me and said they have received an SLP CAN for 800 REV, nobody clamed yet and they are ready to sell it to me at the discount price like $200....

I dont want to loose any TOP Speed or Performance my sled has right NOW...

With Joe's S8X kit it runs faaast to 8.200 rpms and TOP speed with 1.75 track is 111 mph on a speedo...

Is SLP CAN any good??? Many people told me stock is best...Will SLP help my perfomance...

I need real honest advice form the people who used SLP cans or other Cans...and what you think of them...

What do our tuners run and board sponsors ??? Need a professional advice...

I ride at sea level and SLP can only looses 7 pounds!!!

Thanks

[snapback]308851[/snapback]​
From my experience, I would advice to save your money. I have tested two different aftermarket cans on my 700 twin. They both lost considerable top end. One of the cans wouldn't even hold 8200 rpms. It got there then dropped back to 7600. When I switched back to the stock muffler the rpms held at 8200. I've heard that aftermarket cans disapate too much of the heat that the pipe needs to make peak HP. Maybe a ceramic coated canister would work better. My 700 (734cc) has the stock exhaust on it and I'm tearing up every 700 and 800 I race.
 

·
I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stiti
Joined
·
811 Posts
I have a MBRP can on my Rev 800, and minus a little clutch adjustments to bring the RPM back down to where it needed to be, it's awesome, the MBRP Can is ceramic coated, and sounds great, not super loud at all, it has a little more pop, than stock, and barks pretty good when you crack it wide open. This is basiclly what the MBRP Can looks like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,851 Posts
Moto Sled said:
I have a MBRP can on my Rev 800, and minus a little clutch adjustments to bring the RPM back down to where it needed to be, it's awesome, the MBRP Can is ceramic coated, and sounds great, not super loud at all, it has a little more pop, than stock, and barks pretty good when you crack it wide open. This is basiclly what the MBRP Can looks like.
[snapback]309011[/snapback]​
You're a dreamer.,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kuziw said:
Moto Sled said:
I have a MBRP can on my Rev 800, and minus a little clutch adjustments to bring the RPM back down to where it needed to be, it's awesome, the MBRP Can is ceramic coated, and sounds great, not super loud at all, it has a little more pop, than stock, and barks pretty good when you crack it wide open. This is basiclly what the MBRP Can looks like.
[snapback]309011[/snapback]​
You're a dreamer.,
[snapback]309018[/snapback]​
I've heard a lots of negative review of MBRP cans!!!

So, STOCK is BEST!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,793 Posts
Just so everyone knows the SLP cans are VERY VERY Quiet!

They don't scream like the loud-trail-closer cans do at WOT!
I know 2 guys with them, and I will assure you they will not "edit for bad language" off land owners at all. SO at least there is an option for a lightweight really quiet can again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
The 800 I just bought came with a ceramic slp can, isn't very loud at all. I haven't heard the negative feedback on the slp or dynoport cans like you hear for the mbrp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i have a mbrp can on my rev and i love it...it isnt really loud but sounds good...my dad has a snopro can on his 800ho rev and its too loud........i like mine...not sureabout losing any hp or anything...sounds good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
my buddy has a slp and i had dyno port and the Slp was way louder then the dyno port. I liked the Dyno port alot better it had a nice low rumble to it and i didnt noice much power lose but ilm sure there was some. An i was able to keep my peak power at 8000-7800 this were on Xc 500 sp. I'm not gunna do anythign to the new rev sept drive her. so i wouldn't waste your money on the Slp can. Save the money and put a windseild on ur sled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,843 Posts
I do agree with what you said about the dynoport can being quiter than the slp, it is, by quite a bit. If you plan on only spending about $250 on your sled buy a clutch kit. But if you have the money go with a full exhaust system and clutching.
 

·
I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stiti
Joined
·
811 Posts
kuziw said:
Moto Sled said:
I have a MBRP can on my Rev 800, and minus a little clutch adjustments to bring the RPM back down to where it needed to be, it's awesome, the MBRP Can is ceramic coated, and sounds great, not super loud at all, it has a little more pop, than stock, and barks pretty good when you crack it wide open. This is basiclly what the MBRP Can looks like.
[snapback]309011[/snapback]​
You're a dreamer.,
[snapback]309018[/snapback]​
Please enlighten me and tell me what I'm dreaming about???? Also I would love to hear what negative things people have to say about the MBRP cans, as I have heard nothing but positive things about them, and really like mine allot. Pretty much anyone with an aftermarket can on there Rev around here has an MBRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts

MBRP cans are the best on the market. I've owned 3 cans from them and they rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rev800
mach1 670 rave

mach1 583 rave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
ded moroz said:
Yes it was ME...

The probLEM was with the connectors where the sensors near starter...They'be got a bit wet and burned...Removed it...put the wires together without connectors and sealed...That was IT...
...
[snapback]308928[/snapback]​
Im glad you got the sled sorted out!! I would invest in a clutch kit personally, but hey- thats entirely up to you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
I have a can on my 03 800 and I cant beat a 600 for the life of me. Putting the stock one back on this week in Ontario and that will tall me the difference. I will post an update and let everyone know how much better it is. (i hope)
 

·
I GOT THE NEED FOR SPEED !!!
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
if i remember right, for every 7 lbs lost you gain 1 hp. something along those lines anyway. i could be wrong though, don't quote me on that.
quiet sled=happier neighbors, but i still have a can for mine!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
DAN03REV said:
if i remember right, for every 7 lbs lost you gain 1 hp. something along those lines anyway. i could be wrong though, don't quote me on that.
quiet sled=happier neighbors, but i still have a can for mine!!

[snapback]310306[/snapback]​
That's if it's turning weight.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top