Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently purchased an '98 Formula Z 670 with the ARM suspension. He has an opportunity to pick up an SC 10-3 skid in nice shape. Has anyone done it? Difficulty? Any special parts needed? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Dont know if this will help, but i put a SC-10 III in my 98' FIII 700 last summer, fit ok, except i had to redrill the holes where the rear axle bolts are located.... Very easy job, anybody can do it even if you have very limited mechanical skills....

Josh

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't know if this will help you or not. I took a 2001 mxzX 800 sc-10 ? and put it in my 1996 Formula SLS. It bolted right into the s-chassis with no changes. This suspension worked great on my sled. I'm not sure what series the suspension is though.

·
not wanted here anymore
1,289 Posts
FormulaIII700R said:
Dont know if this will help, but i put a SC-10 III in my 98' FIII 700 last summer, fit ok, except i had to redrill the holes where the rear axle bolts are located.... Very easy job, anybody can do it even if you have very limited mechanical skills....

Josh
[snapback]773974[/snapback]​
so other then drilling the holes to accomodate the 5/8" bolts you did nothing else? I have heard that you need to move the mounting bracket to keep the same angle of attack.

ARCTIC-DOO said:
I don't know if this will help you or not. I took a 2001 mxzX 800 sc-10 ? and put it in my 1996 Formula SLS. It bolted right into the s-chassis with no changes. This suspension worked great on my sled. I'm not sure what series the suspension is though.
[snapback]773981[/snapback]​
You put the sc10-2 into the sc10-1 skid. I have done this before, simple job and wow what a difference the ride makes!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do some searches on this site.
I have also put an SC 10 II into an S-chassis -- direct bolt in and a big improvement. Like you did, just had to drill the holes larger.
I specifically did not put an SC 10 III because the rear mounting holes for the III are 1/2 inch closer to the front (I think). My 02 has the SC 10 III. It is a big improvement over the II.
Not sure, but the ARM may have different mounting locations as well.
Just do some searching on this site -- a lot of info.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ARCTIC-DOO said:
[snapback]773981[/snapback]​
The rear skid in the 2001 was an SC 10 II.
10 inches travel.
They put the SC 10 III (12 inches travel) in most of the 2002 line-up.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The ARM/ARC equipped sleds have different mounting hole locations than the SC equipped sleds. You will need to take measurements from a SC-10 equipped sled and transfer the measurements to the FZ. This shouldn't be hard to do.

On a side note, is the SC-10 II you purchased in perfect condidtion and does it have rebuilable shocks? I ask because I don't understand why you would go though the hassle of the swap unless the suspension you are putting in doesn't need any work. The ARC suspension isn't as good as it could be from the factory, but with upgraded springs and shocks it becomes quite a nice suspension. This stuff is really just maintenence, shocks and springs wear out. I will be more expensive and time consuming to put in the SC-10 if it needs things like shocks, springs, bearings, etc. Unless it has rebuildable shocks, then it might be worthwhile. This is just my opinion, take it or leave it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts