Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.25 Doo Track on my 05 500SS. Its got close to 4,000 miles on it.
Its showing tears or cuts on the inside of the track. The cuts are on the outer edge, outward of where the idler wheels run. Its not a cut from sliding it sideways, because its not cut on the very edge. Like I say the cuts are just outside of the idler wheels.
Any ideas what could be causing this?

I have been running 9 tooth extroverts with the rail tips trimmed for clearance, but I don't see how that should affect it.

Also my rail tips seem very worn down and when I install new slides the track clips hit the lead edge of the sliders and kinda grind for a little while. Is that normal?

I'm just hoping this track will make it through this season, so i can buy something else at Haydays!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Got any pictures?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no ):

Its not real deep cuts, just deep enough to get me wooried. Maybe 1/3 of the way through the track.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Deadman said:
no ):

Its not real deep cuts, just deep enough to get me wooried. Maybe 1/3 of the way through the track.
[snapback]685544[/snapback]​
I would like to see pics as well. Doo you think it might be wearing from the track hitting the tunnel protectors?
-Just a thought. I would really like to see pics. This is interesting. 400 miles is quite a few.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems the wear is almost exactely where those large Metel Hoops rub on the track on top. I don't know what to call them, but they are round stock and are welded onto the front arm near where the front tunnel bolts are located. (if that makes any sense at all
!)
My old skid had those metal hoops worm more than half way through! (yikes).

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Deadman said:
It seems the wear is almost exactely where those large Metel Hoops rub on the track on top. I don't know what to call them, but they are round stock and are welded onto the front arm near where the front tunnel bolts are located. (if that makes any sense at all
!)
My old skid had those metal hoops worm more than half way through! (yikes).
[snapback]685632[/snapback]​
I t must be that. Please try to post pics.

Thanx,

-Team Scream

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.