Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there I am looking for a little advice on my sled set up. I am 5'8" 185 and have a 09 renegade 800. I cant seem to get any pressure on my ski's, They seem like they are always an inch off the snow when I am on the gas. I have messed with the center strap and shocks a little but still doesnt seem to do much. Any sugg would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello there I am looking for a little advice on my sled set up. I am 5'8" 185 and have a 09 renegade 800. I cant seem to get any pressure on my ski's, They seem like they are always an inch off the snow when I am on the gas. I have messed with the center strap and shocks a little but still doesnt seem to do much. Any sugg would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
You need to look if the rear is COUPLED or UNCOUPLED. Uncoupled the sled will rock-back and hang the skis to no end. Also may want to shorten the front limiter strap on the skid..If both of these are in check and problem still exhists, lifting the skis is the shear power of the 800ptec. My .02

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done that already !! I guess its just the power. It is fun riding that way just seems dangerous when I am flying in the trials. Its almost like a dirt bike!! I have video on my Go Pro with the ski's turned like a dirt bike, at pretty good speeds. I will try and jack that strap down further and see if that helps. Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have done that already !! I guess its just the power. It is fun riding that way just seems dangerous when I am flying in the trials. Its almost like a dirt bike!! I have video on my Go Pro with the ski's turned like a dirt bike, at pretty good speeds. I will try and jack that strap down further and see if that helps. Thanks
where are your limit blocks set? These can be turned with your shock wrench, the thicker the side is facing the rubber stops the less the front end will lift, try pre loading prior to a turn as well, my ski's just skim the surface on the straight aways, right before a bend, tap the brakes to plant the front end then roll the throttle on through the bend, this seems to work great for me.

Attachments

·
Mass Confussion
2,988 Posts
where are your limit blocks set? These can be turned with your shock wrench, the thicker the side is facing the rubber stops the less the front end will lift, try pre loading prior to a turn as well, my ski's just skim the surface on the straight aways, right before a bend, tap the brakes to plant the front end then roll the throttle on through the bend, this seems to work great for me.
X2, also tighten up on your springs on the ski shocks and back off the spring on your center shock.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,141 Posts
Man, this is a wide thread...

Try going up a notch on the rear torsion to reduce the "teeter totter" effect

1 - 7 of 7 Posts